What's new

Kelly Olynyk - sleeper ROY?

Archie Moses

He looks great in summer league. Without Garnett and if he gets time, he's gonna put up some good numbers. I don't know why he was higher thought of in the draft. Then again, he's a tall, white stiff.

I didn't get to watch much of the 2nd half but Olynyk impressed me in the 1st half. Very nice array of offensive weapons. Boston fans have to very excited about him.

Agree. And posted the same thought in a SL thread before seeing this one. With the exception of Rondo, who is a true "pass-first" player, who does Boston have? Olynyk might average 25 shots per game this year.

Olynyk was definitely impressive in his first summer league game. Now I know why the Jazz had him targeted for the 14th pick.

Total olynyk fanboy thought for sure(prior to crazy draft) that he would be coming to utah. there is a reason boston traded up to get him. if he can develop on d potential all star.

If he were black he would have been a lot more well liked. Sadly, folks like to judge skin color. It's the reason why no one takes kid baller serious even though he is a terror on the fast break and almost as good of a shot blocker as kirilenko.

Dude is going to be a fantastic player. A more athletic Money Memo. And probably just as bad on defense. In a way, I kinda wish we could have somehow picked him up and then drafted Gobert and Neto. Having Money Memo come off our bench or start if kanter breaks/favors is an idiot and fouls 5 times in the first 2 mins would be awesome.

Not a hundred percent one. There are some pretty badass rookiez this season. But he will make a name as a white player for sure.