What's new

KSLSports.com - Jazzman Wright-Foreman Retweets Support For Nick Cannon Amid Anti-Semitic Comments

B

Ben Anderson

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz guard Justin Wright-Foreman retweeted a Twitter account that appeared to support Nick Cannon amid recent anti-Semitic remarks. On a podcast, the entertainer and host of Fox’s “The Masked Singer” engaged in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories associating the Rothschild family with groups privately attempting to assume global power.

Wright-Foreman retweeted the account @zdg__ which voiced support for Cannon. The account has made other anti-Semitic statements during the previous days.

“Nick cannon said nothing wrong,” The tweet read. “Everyone just sensitive and hates the truth.”

jwf-300x90.jpg

Wright-Foreman retweeted the post early Wednesday. The guard, who is on a two-way contract with the Jazz is in Orlando with the team as they prepare to reopen the NBA season.

Wright-Foreman Not ONly NBA Player To Support Cannon

Wright-Foreman wasn’t the only NBA player to share support for Cannon. In a now-deleted tweet, former Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade appeared to stand up for Cannon.

wade-300x172.jpg

MTV fired Cannon from the comedy-improv show Wild ‘N Out after learning of his comments. The show’s parent company ViacomCBS released a statement saying, “We are deeply troubled that Nick has failed to acknowledge or apologize for perpetuating anti-Semitism, and we are terminating our relationship with him.”

Wade later clarified his deleted tweet. The retired star indicated he was not supporting Cannon’s anti-Semitic comments. Rather, Wade said he was offering support for Cannon’s claim to own the rights to Wild ‘N Out. Cannon helped create the show for MTV.

“I want to clarify my now deleted tweet,” Wade said. “I was not supporting or condoning what Nick Cannon specifically said, but I had expressed my support of him owning the content and brand he helped create”

Wade continued.

“I was too quick to respond without being fully informed about his hurtful anti-Semitic remarks. As you all know I have ZERO tolerance for any hate speech!”

I was too quick to respond without being fully informed about his hurtful anti-Semitic remarks. As you all know I have ZERO tolerance for any hate speech!

— DWade (@DwyaneWade) July 15, 2020

On Wednesday, Cannon apologized for the anti-Semitic language in a lengthy Facebook post.

“I must apologize to my Jewish Brothers and Sisters for putting them in such a painful position, which was never my intention,” Cannon wrote. “But I know this whole situation has hurt many people and together we will make it right. I have dedicated my daily efforts to continuing conversations to bring the Jewish Community and the African American community closer together.”

Related Links

Full story from KSLSports.com...