What's new

KSLSports.com - Mike Conley Gifts Jazz Teammates Newest PlayStation

B

Ben Anderson

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Mike Conley made sure his Utah Jazz teammates had a very merry Christmas. The veteran guard gifted every player on the Jazz roster a PlayStation 5, one of the year’s most highly sought after wish list items.

Jazz players shared images of Conley’s gift on social media Tuesday after the team returned home from their Monday victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.

While gift-giving is common within NBA locker rooms, few are as generous as Conley according to Jazz guard Jordan Clarkson.

Looks like @MCONLEY10 hooked the squad up #PS5
1f381.png

N
I
C
E
1f3ae.png

pics via @JordanClarksons & @elijahhughes4_ IG story #JazzNation #UtahJazz #TakeNote pic.twitter.com/HQalwwPmqs

— JazzNation (@JazzNationNews) December 29, 2020

“Most of the teams I’ve been on, we’ve had a Secret Santa,” Clarkson said. “But Mike’s probably the biggest gift giver I’ve had.”

During the COVID-19 pandemic, video games have taken a starring role in many Jazz players’ lives.

Donovan Mitchell competed in ESPN’s NBA 2K challenge and has tweeted about playing multiplayer games with teammates Royce O’Neale and Mike Conley.

.@spidadmitchell joined other professional athletes for a game of @CallofDuty.
1f577.png
1f3c0.png
1f3c0.png
1f3c8.png
1f3ae.png
#TakeNote #NBATwitter @NFL @NBA @WNBA https://t.co/C6T5tHrGiw

— KSL Sports (@kslsports) April 19, 2020

Not all Jazz players are avid gamers, however.

Guard Joe Ingles said he hadn’t fallen under the gaming spell and doesn’t know how he plans to use his new PlayStation from Conley.

“I might look for bidders, I might keep it,” Ingles joked of selling his gift. ” I honestly have no idea actually what it does. I don’t play video games.”

Though he may not be using it himself, Ingles’ four-year-old twins may find use for it, though it may not be for a while.

“My daughter is not into video games at all,” Ingles said. “Jacob is a little bit with an iPad or a screen.”

Conley’s Generosity​

Conley’s teammates aren’t the only ones who have benefited from the guard’s enormous generosity. Last December Conley hand-delivered Xboxes to local youths at the Boys and Girls Club of Murray.

I stopped by the Miller Boys & Girls Club in SLC for a surprise visit and passed out XBOXs and 2K to the kids! Thank you @Xbox @Microsoft @NBA2K for teaming up with me in the spirit of the holidays! pic.twitter.com/Ed77j9QBwK

— Mike Conley (@MCONLEY10) December 17, 2019

Conley provided the Xboxes, gifts, and $125 gift cards to all 15 students out of his own pocket.

Earlier this month the Jazz guard hosted a virtual slime making party with children at the Primary Children’s Hospital.

Conley’s generosity was a staple during his 12-year career in Memphis before joining the Jazz, specifically working with those affected by sickle cell disease.

The Jazz guard has two cousins who were diagnosed with sickle cell disease. Conley raised more than $1 million during his time in Memphis for the Methodist University Hospital’s Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center.

“I’m not a video game guy,” Ingles admitted of his PlayStation, “But Mike Conley is a very, very good teammate.”

Related Links

Full story from KSLSports.com...