Feb 11th vs Suns
Forced 6 turnovers

Feb 9th vs Bulls
Forced 8 turnovers

Feb 5th vs Thunder
Forced 7 turnovers

Feb 2nd vs Rockets
Forced 10 turnovers

We can all blame the recent trend of losses to Deron's turnovers or Al Jefferson's bad shooting percentage etc etc.

The stats are all over the board in terms of rebounding, scoring, assists etc and none of them were a consistent trend. But the only one that I found that was consistently happening in recent losses was the lack of forcing turnovers. To me you cannot single out a certain individual for consistent losses. Its obviously a team problem and the philosophy needs to change or the rotation does.

This is a discussion to figure out what is the cause of this and what is the solution. What is this team lacking on defense that can improve this consistent trend?

Defense is a team effort but team play starts with its leader. Deron's defense has been awful this entire year.

Defense is a team effort but team play starts with its leader. Deron's defense has been awful this entire year.

Correct I bash D-Will as much as anybody but he was out for some of those games and we still did not improve our defense. Turnovers stayed the same on opposing teams.

Seems to me there is a bigger problem.

If the open players that Williams passed the ball to were able to make their shots, the Jazz would be in much better shape. Why is it that other teams can hit open shots with regularity, but the Jazz can't? I dont ****ing get it.

And Jefferson still doesnt get it that when he is playing with Williams he has to be ready AT ALL ****ING TIMES. How many balls is he going to drop?

I don't believe forcing turnovers is necessarily a sign of good defense. In fact, the first thing I think is that fundamentals are lacking. The Spurs are rarely a team that have been good at forcing turnovers, and they're almost always revered as a great defensive team.

I think you have to start looking at stressing forcing turnovers when you either have an exceptionally athletic lineup, or one that has trouble with the fundamentals and/or can't get it done that way.

If the open players that Williams passed the ball to were able to make their shots, the Jazz would be in much better shape. Why is it that other teams can hit open shots with regularity, but the Jazz can't? I dont ****ing get it.

You get what you pay for. Why is it that NO ONE wanted Elson, we didn't have to pay very much for Watson this year and for Price when he was signed. I guess the Jazz had some competition for Raja, but Kobe must be ecstatic Bell didn't wind up there. AK hasn't hit outside shots in 5 years and CJ has ALWAYS been horrible.