What's new

Las Vegas Summer League thread

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Games all day, all week.

Quick impressions:
-- Jalen Green and James Bouknight showed flashes of high-level scoring.
-- Scottie Barnes is showing why he was taken #4.
-- Trey Murphy looks good and would have been perfect for the Jazz.

Sengun completely outplayed Mobley yesterday. Dude did a lot of things, even the little things that help his team win.

The Jazz team should beat the Suns tonight. Forrest / Hughes / Brantley / Morgan / Dok could be dominant against most SL teams.

Not surprising he chose the Rockets, jazz were never going to get him as he has a much better shot at making the rebuilding rockets.
The flip side is the Rockets have a ton of young players/projects and might be nearing some kind of limit/diminishing returns on that.

But yes, your point is valid.

EDIT: I guess it’s the Bulls. Not sure what to make of that since I think the Bulls are an almost King’s-level disaster as an organization and I’m not sure if he’s have an awesome path to minutes there either. I’m biased, but I might choose an organization that has any track record whatsoever of developing players on the margins.

I look forward to seeing how Teague plays. Here's a nice quote from a Baylor website:

"1) MaCio Teague’s defense:
The Bears have played quite a few four guard lineups, which usually leaves Teague responsible for guarding a man bigger than him. That task isn’t easy, and in a great podcast with Davion Mitchell for SicEm365, Ashley Hodge and Jason King got Mitchell to open up about Teague, and he really credited his defense for helping the team.

For the first time in program history, Baylor ranks No. 1 in defensive efficiency. Entering the season, associate head coach Jerome Tang mentioned the offense was way ahead of the defense. The defense has responded well, especially Teague. He played the entire second half against Texas Tech, and he prevented Oklahoma State from scoring:

The flip side is the Rockets have a ton of young players/projects and might be nearing some kind of limit/diminishing returns on that.

But yes, your point is valid.

EDIT: I guess it’s the Bulls. Not sure what to make of that since I think the Bulls are an almost King’s-level disaster as an organization and I’m not sure if he’s have an awesome path to minutes there either. I’m biased, but I might choose an organization that has any track record whatsoever of developing players on the margins.
We could have him for a two way if we wanted right now... I'm fairly sure. I'd do it and hold the second spot for Forrest unless we give him a real contract.

I look forward to seeing how Teague plays. Here's a nice quote from a Baylor website:

"1) MaCio Teague’s defense:
The Bears have played quite a few four guard lineups, which usually leaves Teague responsible for guarding a man bigger than him. That task isn’t easy, and in a great podcast with Davion Mitchell for SicEm365, Ashley Hodge and Jason King got Mitchell to open up about Teague, and he really credited his defense for helping the team.

For the first time in program history, Baylor ranks No. 1 in defensive efficiency. Entering the season, associate head coach Jerome Tang mentioned the offense was way ahead of the defense. The defense has responded well, especially Teague. He played the entire second half against Texas Tech, and he prevented Oklahoma State from scoring:

Teague is a gamer. He's just lacking a bit of size and athleticism for the NBA level. Still, he could make the league as a backup, imo.

This is THE flyer the Jazz need to take. If he ever pops (gets his shooting down and his NBA legs under him) he’s a potential core piece.
I liked Bey coming out the draft, but when a team drafts you that highly then bails on your development it tells me there is more than just shooting missing from his game.

Teague is a gamer. He's just lacking a bit of size and athleticism for the NBA level. Still, he could make the league as a backup, imo.
If he can guard at this level I think he'll be fine. His shooting is there and it'll be interesting to see if he can actually play PG or if they keep him at SG where he'll be a bit undersized. He was consistent all four years of college and he's very aggressive on offense and is very, very good at getting an open shot, even in traffic/mid-range. He would be a great 2-way signing, IMO.

When do the jazz play? (i dont want to google.)