What's new

Let's Talk About Rudy

JazzMan4Life

Contributor
It's early in the season and we are all excited about the new guys and rightfully so, but Rudy's impact on the game needs to be discussed.

Unfortunately for the rest of the league, it looks like Rudy is getting better. According to Locke last night against the Clippers, we forced them to take over 50% of their shots as mid-range jumpers

"Rudy Gobert is completely altering the opponents shot charts. The Jazz forced the Clippers into taking over 50% of their shots as mid range shots in this game. It is really hard to win when your shot chart is that skewed."

So far when Rudy is on the court our offensive rating is 108.3 VS. 88.5 when he is off the court. That's a 19.8 point differential, on offense!

It seems we haven't been running the PNR with Rudy as much as we have in the past and I'm guessing that's because Conley and him haven't worked out the chemistry. That is why I believe his PPG is down so far this season, but his efficiency is as good as always and barring his 5 straight misses from the line last night, his FT shooting is looking much better.

I'm currently catching a bit of the Denver VS. New Orleans game and would love to see Rudy pass like Jokic. I know that's an unrealistic goal, but that's one area I could see him improving.

So what are your thoughts so far on our DPOY?

TLDR - I love Rudy and think he needs to be shown some love.

I'm a bit worried about his turnovers. I have watched about half of the Jazz minutes so far this season and Gobert seems to have been called on traveling more often than I remembered from previous seasons.

It doesn't matter what Rudy's stats are. We are the number 1 defense in the league. He's killing it out there

We are intrigued by some others and may perhaps be a little flirtatious but Rudy will always be the true ride or die.

I'm a bit worried about his turnovers. I have watched about half of the Jazz minutes so far this season and Gobert seems to have been called on traveling more often than I remembered from previous seasons.
If his teammates start getting him the ball when hes closer to the rim I think that will resolve the traveling issue.

Everybody in the league (except probably Harden) has been called on traveling more often than before.