What's new

Liking posts on mobile.

Siro

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
I hate how I can't "like" posts and give rep on mobile version of site. It's a travesty.

I have the same thoughts. That is, when the mobile site will actually load. I just end up using the desktop version most of the time on my phone.

I have the same thoughts. That is, when the mobile site will actually load. I just end up using the desktop version most of the time on my phone.

It simply won't load on Chrome for me. I finally got it to load in one that blocks ads. Called AdBlock or something.

Yeah I just tested this and see that mobile pages don't load like when you view a thread. So sorry. Looking into it. Thanks for reporting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site still doesn't work in Chrome on Android for me.

Is it certain pages or all pages? What does it do - continuously load or white page or other?

I can go to forum pages, but threads won't load. Just a white page.

Same for me. Sometimes the forum pages won't load. If I try multiple times for the same page, sometimes is works.

Red says he's having issues on Apple's mobile OS as well. I'm surprised there aren't more people bitching about this. Do most people only use the site on their desktops?

But until I can like and rep posts on the mobile site I am likely to continue using the desktop version on mobile anyways.

Can someone give me steps to reproduce this "page not loading" issue? I've seen it once since the latest changes I made but can't get it to happen. If you know a way to make it constantly happen, please let me know (e.g. click Site Feedback, click this thread, doesn't load always).

TIA

Am I the only one who can no longer view my likes? I used to click on the notifications link and then I could click on the likes to see them, but now that link takes me to a page that I can't figure out.

Can someone give me steps to reproduce this "page not loading" issue? I've seen it once since the latest changes I made but can't get it to happen. If you know a way to make it constantly happen, please let me know (e.g. click Site Feedback, click this thread, doesn't load always).

TIA

On my end, it is not exactly complicated. Loading any threads on the mobile site is very difficult. I don't need to do anything special to make it happen. It is in fact impossible NOT to make it happen.

But I'm happily using the full version on android now without any problems. I wouldn't switch back to mobile version even if it was fixed, since you can't see/give likes or rep.

Am I the only one who can no longer view my likes? I used to click on the notifications link and then I could click on the likes to see them, but now that link takes me to a page that I can't figure out.

If you're clicking on a LIKE notification it will take you straight to the list of LIKES you made and received I believe. If you don't have a LIKE notification at the current moment, just click on your name at the top right (near notifications), and then on that page, there's a tab for VIEW POST LIKES or something along those lines.

Hope that helps?

If you're clicking on a LIKE notification it will take you straight to the list of LIKES you made and received I believe. If you don't have a LIKE notification at the current moment, just click on your name at the top right (near notifications), and then on that page, there's a tab for VIEW POST LIKES or something along those lines.

Hope that helps?
Yeah, that's how it had always worked for me before, and that's how it started working for me again last night. Who knows what the two day glitch was. Good to know the alternate method of getting there, though. I couldn't figure that one out.