What's new

Local Paper loves them some Cotton

framer

https://tucson.com/sports/basketball/high-school-and-prep/ex-titan-cotton-made-of-percent-nba-fabric/article_51a318d3-1fdf-5ea1-a60c-d5ed5dbc9216.html

PHOENIX — There was about a minute left on the pre-game clock.

Most of the Utah Jazz retreated to the visitors bench at US Airways Center.

Not Bryce Cotton. Not quite yet.

Cotton stuck around, got a few more shots in — from three, and two. As the clock neared zero, Cotton jogged to the bench, and retrieved his warm-up jacket.

The jacket went over his blue Jazz jersey with the No. 8 and “COTTON” on its back.

After team intros and the national anthem, Cotton took his place on the bench, on the next-to-last seat.

Nine rows behind him sat his former Palo Verde High School coach, Chris Klassen, and the coach’s wife.

“This is just the ultimate,” Klassen said, “to watch somebody I coached.”

Cotton doesn’t really care that he’s at the end of the bench, in one of the last seats.

For this Tucsonan, in a lot of ways, it’s hard to believe he even has his own seat on an NBA bench. About three weeks ago, Cotton signed a two-year contract with the Jazz.

“It’s no problem for me,” Cotton said. “I just want to stay around here.”

MORE

Unless Neto or someone comes over, I'm fine with Cotton as a 3rd PG. He has skills. Like way more than clowns like Jason Hart and Milt Palacio who were somehow #2 PGs, or in Palacio's case even a starter (gag).

Unless Neto or someone comes over, I'm fine with Cotton as a 3rd PG. He has skills. Like way more than clowns like Jason Hart and Milt Palacio who were somehow #2 PGs, or in Palacio's case even a starter (gag).

Don't forget washed-up Brevin Knight