What's new

LOL!!! I'm not gonna argue the #3 ranking....

moevillini

the Chief Old D'oh
Contributor
University of Illinois ranked #3

Brigham Young @ #11 (just ahead of The Ohio State University @ #12...)
Penn State @ #1

The Big Ten represents well with 6 schools in the top 16!

LINK

ha ha, I'm not surprised!

should we be surprised?

Link to Wall St. Journal article

Employers Favor State Schools for Hires

U.S. companies largely favor graduates of big state universities over Ivy League and other elite liberal-arts schools when hiring to fill entry-level jobs, a Wall Street Journal study found.

In the study—which surveyed 479 of the largest public and private companies, nonprofits and government agencies—Pennsylvania State University, Texas A&M University and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ranked as top picks for graduates best prepared and most able to succeed.

Of the top 25 schools as rated by these employers, 19 were public, one was Ivy League (Cornell University) and the rest were private, including Carnegie Mellon and University of Notre Dame....

and a second article adds:
...State universities have become the favorite of companies recruiting new hires because their big student populations and focus on teaching practical skills gives the companies more bang for their recruiting buck.

Under pressure to cut costs and streamline their hiring efforts, recruiting managers find it's more efficient to focus on fewer large schools and forge deeper relationships with them, according to a Wall Street Journal survey of top corporate recruiters whose companies last year hired 43,000 new graduates. Big state schools Pennsylvania State University, Texas A&M University and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign were the top three picks among recruiters surveyed.

Recruiters say graduates of top public universities are often among the most prepared and well-rounded academically, and companies have found they fit well into their corporate cultures and over time have the best track record in their firms....

https://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704358904575477643369663352.html

Where's Utah??

Maybe that's why it didn't make the list?

utah-map.gif

I just don't understand.
That's a given we already know that, but hey acknowledgment is the first step. And if the whole process just becomes to much for you, don't worry I will always be here for you if you need to vent or need things explained.

The Honor Code might not be the best thing for putting a good football team together, but it's certainly a huge advantage for average BYU students when it comes to placing in a job.

I'm glad they changed the BYU logo on that website though. I was going to complain about that gay looking cat they had there previously when I clicked on this topic this morning, but then I got sidetracked:

byu_youth_white.jpg

As far as BYU goes, that is no surprise. I think they produce some of the most well-balanced graduates in the country.