What's new

Looking for name ideas - exhausted

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
All other sources and seeking inspiration from Jazzfanz friends.

I will provide a some background and if anyone wants to try to help I will provide more detail.

I am about to break ground on a new "resort" project. The property is bordered by hundreds of thousands of acres of public lands. The top rated Mtn bike trail down here emanates from the project itself. Just out the back you can hike, mtn bike, atv, etc across hundreds of trails to the Virgin River gorge and Beaver Dam Moumtains.

There are two parts to it.
First area is more for guests that want to ride atvs, get dirty, and experience the desert more like the locals do.
The second part is more of a tourist resort... lounging by a fantastic pool complex and the intention is to visit the state and national parks while staying in a great "jumping off" point of resort-luxury.

The first area will have a "pro shop" that is loaded with high-end bike rentals, side-by-sides, etc.. There so that "dad" from Chicago can swipe his AMEX and take his kids on a 6-seater atv across the desert complete with a cooler of water/soft drinks, pre-made sandwiches, etc... and be a hero for a day. I have been affectionately calling this first area "The Edge." Because it's on the edge of the public lands and it's meant to be a bit more "edgy" than the luxury resort of the other piece.

The second area will have a great pool complex with lazy river and swim-up bar that is incorporated into the open-air restaurant done Caribbean style. A spa and conference spaces as well.

This is a condo-hotel. Meaning the individual residences will be sold off and then placed into the hotel revenue pool.

So that's the quick snapshot.

My dilemma is we dont know what to call it.
We would prefer not to refer to it as a hotel (because there are NO hotel rooms - every accommodation is condominium style), resort (just a very generic term), lodge (sounds mountain more so than desert), or Inn (sounds too small).

I am wanting to play off of both the state and national parks as well as being surrounded by the open lands.

So I've played with names like;
Grand Desert
Grand Parks
Southern Parks

And then subtly differentiating between the two "sides" of the resort.
For example;
The Edge at Southern Parks
Grand Desert at Southern Parks

The issue is I feel it leaves you hanging without a property-type identifier.

I'm wanting to say;

The Edge at Southern Parks (lodge/Resort or ??)

There are smart people on here that also get this area... would truly appreciate any ideas.

#thirdworldproblemsiknow

[MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION]
@b-line [MENTION=1]Jason[/MENTION] [MENTION=14]colton[/MENTION] [MENTION=578]franklin[/MENTION]
@spycam [MENTION=82]bigb[/MENTION]
@everyone

I'll give it some thought. The only way I can achieve the parsimony of marketing-style language is to pour out lots and lots of words and then skim and cut.

I'll give it some thought. The only way I can achieve the parsimony of marketing-style language is to pour out lots and lots of words and then skim and cut.

agreed and thanks for any amount of thought given.

Hmm. Gonna think about this for a minute. I want to see it next time I'm down there too. Sounds pretty neat.

Every word I think of seems well used - chalet, retreat, haven, cottage, adventures. I do like "The Edge" part.

So I've got nothing. Thanks for playing, JazzGal.

srsly though the parks are being referred to as the mighty 5, perhaps you could use that. The Edge Resort at the Mighty Five.

The Scarlet Sea.

The Edge of the Scarlet Sea.

The Wilds of the Scarlet Sea.

If someone here comes up with the winning name, he or she gets free admission for life, right?

And obviously a substantial discount for jazzfanz members, regardless.

All other sources and seeking inspiration from Jazzfanz friends.

I will provide a some background and if anyone wants to try to help I will provide more detail.

I am about to break ground on a new "resort" project. The property is bordered by hundreds of thousands of acres of public lands. The top rated Mtn bike trail down here emanates from the project itself. Just out the back you can hike, mtn bike, atv, etc across hundreds of trails to the Virgin River gorge and Beaver Dam Moumtains.

There are two parts to it.
First area is more for guests that want to ride atvs, get dirty, and experience the desert more like the locals do.
The second part is more of a tourist resort... lounging by a fantastic pool complex and the intention is to visit the state and national parks while staying in a great "jumping off" point of resort-luxury.

The first area will have a "pro shop" that is loaded with high-end bike rentals, side-by-sides, etc.. There so that "dad" from Chicago can swipe his AMEX and take his kids on a 6-seater atv across the desert complete with a cooler of water/soft drinks, pre-made sandwiches, etc... and be a hero for a day. I have been affectionately calling this first area "The Edge." Because it's on the edge of the public lands and it's meant to be a bit more "edgy" than the luxury resort of the other piece.

The second area will have a great pool complex with lazy river and swim-up bar that is incorporated into the open-air restaurant done Caribbean style. A spa and conference spaces as well.

This is a condo-hotel. Meaning the individual residences will be sold off and then placed into the hotel revenue pool.

So that's the quick snapshot.

My dilemma is we dont know what to call it.
We would prefer not to refer to it as a hotel (because there are NO hotel rooms - every accommodation is condominium style), resort (just a very generic term), lodge (sounds mountain more so than desert), or Inn (sounds too small).

I am wanting to play off of both the state and national parks as well as being surrounded by the open lands.

So I've played with names like;
Grand Desert
Grand Parks
Southern Parks

And then subtly differentiating between the two "sides" of the resort.
For example;
The Edge at Southern Parks
Grand Desert at Southern Parks

The issue is I feel it leaves you hanging without a property-type identifier.

I'm wanting to say;

The Edge at Southern Parks (lodge/Resort or ??)

There are smart people on here that also get this area... would truly appreciate any ideas.

#thirdworldproblemsiknow

Sounds like you're by the Beaver Dam wash, or are you near the Black Rock exit?

??? is there any private property accessible from the little rocky jeep road going north off exit around mp 15?

you might be on a rare earths deposit, man.

I'm hurt that you didn't send me a special invitation to your discussion, but I'll drop the bomb anyway.

The name is Utopia. In marketing you play off the word Utah. Don't include lodge or resort or any of that other ****. This place is too good for that. Welcome to Utopia.

You're welcome.

I'm hurt that you didn't send me a special invitation to your discussion, but I'll drop the bomb anyway.

The name is Utopia. In marketing you play off the word Utah. Don't include lodge or resort or any of that other ****. This place is too good for that. Welcome to Utopia.

You're welcome.

I think the joint might be in Arizona, dude. Maybe the back side of the Beaver Dam mountains. Wow, that would be the ultimate jumping off point for the Arizona Strip and the Grand Wash.

Rare Earth. That's the ticket.

I think the joint might be in Arizona, dude. Maybe the back side of the Beaver Dam mountains. Wow, that would be the ultimate jumping off point for the Arizona Strip and the Grand Wash.

Rare Earth. That's the ticket.
Aridtopia

The problem with that area is, by the time you drive across the Mohave, or land in Vegas and drive past APEX nd the Mormon Mesa, you might really be thinking of big pine trees and a cool glacier-fed creek, and just go on up to Kolob.