What's new

Looking for some tactics in our junior high bball game

jerick

(I know this matter has little to do with utah jazz but since most jazz fans mainly read this community so wanna bother you guys)
I'm a jazz fan in China and our class team is gonna play in the school tournamemt in two weeks.I'm lookin' for tactics we could use
We don't have lots of time to train,and our core players are a center and a point guard who seldom passes(he's got 3 pointers).Our previous offense was based on 3pt shots and layups .Our players Barely played two or three full-court games together,and it was literally kinda messy.Can any of u guys help come up with a simple tactic or two which we can pick up quickly?Thx a lot

(ps:we were especially bothered when 3 pointers don'tfall,and last game our turnovers and opponents' fast break killed us.So i wonder should we use 1 on 1 D or zone D like the Jazz)

Last edited:
Zone is easiest to teach at lower levels. If your center is big and can take up some space a 2-1-2 is decent against outside shots and he can help with presence under the basket. Without a PG that passes setting up an offense will be harder.

Zone is easiest to teach at lower levels. If your center is big and can take up some space a 2-1-2 is decent against outside shots and he can help with presence under the basket. Without a PG that passes setting up an offense will be harder.
Thanks bro