What's new

March Madness Thread

The fix was in. anyone who watches this **** remotely as close as me will tell ya that

[tweet]849103191375581185[/tweet]

that was the worst championship game i've ever seen.. that was a travesty.a calamity. an abomination.

The rules must be changed. how many more games need to be ruined til this is figured out..

put me in charge of the rules committee **** will go much better. Just would need a few weeks to get the swing of things i'd get it fixed during the offseason tho. 1st order of biz is adding the 6th foul.

NC defense in second half was the difference. Refs were awful on both sides but Zags have only themselves to blame. How many point blank layups Karnowski alone missed? And those stupid turnovers? They shoulda won it by 10 but blew it.

NC defense in second half was the difference. Refs were awful on both sides but Zags have only themselves to blame. How many point blank layups Karnowski alone missed? And those stupid turnovers? They shoulda won it by 10 but blew it.
Both teams played poorly and both teams missed a lot of shots. Just ugly all around and a ton of bad calls both ways.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

that was the worst championship game i've ever seen.. that was a travesty.a calamity. an abomination.

The rules must be changed. how many more games need to be ruined til this is figured out..

put me in charge of the rules committee **** will go much better. Just would need a few weeks to get the swing of things i'd get it fixed during the offseason tho. 1st order of biz is adding the 6th foul.
NCAA is retarded.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm glad it happened now. I could go on, but let me just sum it up this way. Here's the grift (It's far from impressive IMHO);

If you were a ref and wanted to affect outcomes, and I'm not saying thats what happened, here's how;

-figure out the key (irreplaceable / DYNAMIC) players in the game (great example of this is De'Aaron Fox on UK this year).
-call a cheap 2nd and/or 3rd foul on that player

It's that simple.. thats all.. I guarantee if a ref was repeating that maliciously over and over again it could tilt the table in the favor of the bettor vs the spread, given you've been alerted to the grift ahead of time, and also done all your other homework.

Especially when it's a 5 foul rule the ripple effect of those 'cheapies' can be CATA-****ING-STROPHIC.. We're talking about amateurs here, many of whom are just along for the ride because said key players are good enough to carry them there......... It changes the game, it's that simple, we all know the affect fouls can have on tactics and how much wiggle room there is to be aggressive...

Now it doesn't work everytime(effect every game), but if a ref repeated that process they could easily affect games, in a knowing ahead of time(with just basic 10 minutes of research a day), and do it under the noses of the masses... the bar is set so low for accuracy on refs, it almost invites that.. right?

and just look at what this dude Donaghy has established... that this **** can be done.. there's scandals about this **** all across the globe. It's even admired a way in American lore, the character Meyer Wolfsheim in the Great Gatsby.

I'm not saying this happened maliciously in this game, i'm saying thats how you'd do it, if you wanted to, and what i'm saying as far as last night is thats effectively whats happened to Gonzaga, certainly what happened to Collins, which with the way Karnowski and NWG played was their deathknell.

Last edited:
People wanna hate on Bill Walton as an announcer all the time. he'd have called that game a disgrace to the game of basketball on-air, and kept it real and then argued with the play-by-play guy for trying to damage control it.

LET THE KIDS PLAY what are we here to see you blow the whistle?!? is exactly what he'd have said (as an initial jab)

I know coaches for AAU (coach games year round), they said it was the worst refereed game they've ever seen.

Last edited:
U missed a robbery on the grandest stage. The better team lost, they played poorly but there was interference.

Excuses. I stood to win $1,500 on the Zags but when you commit seven more turnovers and grab 10 less rebounds in the 2nd half, you're gonna lose.

Excuses. I stood to win $1,500 on the Zags but when you commit seven more turnovers and grab 10 less rebounds in the 2nd half, you're gonna lose.

Yeah, refs did not force most of the Zags turnovers. Where few calls messed up? Yes, but it is not why they lost.

At some point players have to be able to play with out fouling, I personally don't want refs contemplating whether to make a call or not. If they see a foul, they need to call it.