What's new

Millsap 6th man

Watson(Price?)
Williams..............Bell
Miles........................AK Hayward
AK(Jeffs?)............Millsap
Jeffs(Fes?Memo? depending on opponant)

Pick up the pace and substitute frequently.

See my other thread for more explanation.

Last edited:
Watson and Price seem adequate PGs , except not great scorers. With above lineup they wouldn't need to score, just hustle and distribute the ball.

Memo is garbage. He shouldn't see the court at all.

I don't get this at all. When Memo is on the court, the paint is open. When Big Al, Millsap, and AK are all just sitting in the paint, nothing good happens. Memo stretches the D and makes life easier on all. Memo needs more minutes and I think he would be a great replacement for Paul in the starting lineup. Al and Deron both will have much more room in the paint. Also, maybe some of AK's awful 20 foot jump shots could be given to Memo, who is money and can light it up from deep. I support this move entirely.

Any thread that advocates playing Bell in either a starting role or significant minutes (as in more than 8) needs to be closed immediately.

Mods, please get on this right away!

Have you watched Memo play this year????????? He is a ****in cancer to the team. He was already slow as **** and now he can barely move his feet. It may open up the paint for offense but the defense will get worse. Add to the fact he isnt doing anything on offense when he is in.

I'm just not sure many SG's or SF's that are available that can shoot and create, thats what the Jazz need

Okur/Jefferson will make Boozer/Okur look good defensively. Their pick n'roll defense is absolutely atrocious. While they do compliment each other on offense, on defense, it will be an absolute train wreck.

Millsap/Okur is the superior combo. Both players strengths and weakness actually compliment each other, both on defense and offense. I'd rather have big Al come off the bench.

I don't get this at all. When Memo is on the court, the paint is open. When Big Al, Millsap, and AK are all just sitting in the paint, nothing good happens. Memo stretches the D and makes life easier on all. Memo needs more minutes and I think he would be a great replacement for Paul in the starting lineup. Al and Deron both will have much more room in the paint. Also, maybe some of AK's awful 20 foot jump shots could be given to Memo, who is money and can light it up from deep. I support this move entirely.

He also creates a lot of space for the other teams offense as well he shouldn't start.

thats exactly what i said in my thread

Okur/Jefferson will make Boozer/Okur look good defensively. Their pick n'roll defense is absolutely atrocious. While they do compliment each other on offense, on defense, it will be an absolute train wreck.

Millsap/Okur is the superior combo. Both players strengths and weakness actually compliment each other, both on defense and offense. I'd rather have big Al come off the bench.

Looks like we need to have a NFL like setup in NBA where we can have Al/Okur in offensive lineups and sub out Okur for Millsap in defensive lineups. We just dont have two big men who are comfortable playing together on BOTH ends of the floor, do we?

Maybe you havent watched any games recently. Even Memo himself agrees that he sucks right now. What you say makes sense when Memo starts looking like Memo of past years.

I do not fault Memo for his play of late. How many of us had ever had to come back from an injured achilles tendon AT ALL, let alone to play professional sports. It ain't easy. He is putting forth the effort and I think he will come back to some semblance of form, but it won't be soon. I still like the idea of starting him with AJ if for nothing else then to spread the floor for AJ and Deron to work. And he can still stroke the 3 so the pick and pop with Deron is there. Then sub him out. Can't really be any worse than what we have been doing here lately anyway.

Any thread that advocates playing Bell in either a starting role or significant minutes (as in more than 8) needs to be closed immediately.

Mods, please get on this right away!

I agree... I can't believe he is averaging 30 minutes a game. Hayward should take his minutes away.

I think it would be a good idea to start Memo because our biggest problem in the early going is our offense. I also think Millsap is better as an energy guy and would play better late in the game when we need his defense.

Maybe you havent watched any games recently. Even Memo himself agrees that he sucks right now. What you say makes sense when Memo starts looking like Memo of past years.

Hey morons, read between the lines. It's not Memo's play that makes the difference. Sure, he isn't at his best right now. But it is the fact that he takes the other team's big man out of the paint as opposed to Millsap pushing the other team's big man in the paint. Memo makes things easier for other players because his outside shot must be respected. No one is saying his play has been great yet, but it's how he changes defenses makes the difference.

Hey morons, read between the lines. It's not Memo's play that makes the difference. Sure, he isn't at his best right now. But it is the fact that he takes the other team's big man out of the paint as opposed to Millsap pushing the other team's big man in the paint. Memo makes things easier for other players because his outside shot must be respected. No one is saying his play has been great yet, but it's how he changes defenses makes the difference.
Yeah because teams with big men who do nothing but shoot threes are always the most successful.