What's new

MLB offseason thread

Kopech can throw 105mph.. As crazy as it might sound the White Sox might've extracted great value here.

[tweet]806204834114371584[/tweet]

[tweet]806383881658265600[/tweet]

[tweet]806490007578050560[/tweet]

[tweet]806509389800763393[/tweet]

[tweet]806505543200337920[/tweet]

I do NOT want to see Gardner traded to the Orioles. Hell, I don't want him anywhere but the Yankees for the rest of his career. We don't have enough outfield depth to trade him away. Seriously.

Ian Desmond to the Rockies(to play 1b) 5yr/70MM deal with a club option for a 6th at 13MM.

Rockies will lose the 11th pick in the draft with this signing.

Adam Eaton just got traded from the Whitesox to the Nationals for a package including Lucas Giolitto who many had rated as the best arm in the minors (after the Dodgers called up Urias)

Even if the Yanks overpaid for Chapman they easily got their $$'s worth. Lemme explain;

Chapman's deal will prove to be near market value with Kenley Jansen, rumor is he's got a deal like that on the table now.

[tweet]806874182244069376[/tweet]

He was actually one of the younger really good FA's on the market at 28.

The Yanks traded him for some decent prospects and Gleyber Torres one of the best SS prospects in the minors last year so he's already locked in returned value for the team..

He's a huge upgrade for them on the field next year and for years to come. Late last season after the trades the bullpen was much shakier.

[MENTION=2563]Jim[/MENTION]Bowden_ESPN
Dodgers source confirms 5yrs $80m with Jansen

@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Turner contract with #Dodgers, when completed, will indeed be four years, $64M. @Joelsherman1 referred to those numbers earlier.

@MarlyRiveraESPN
Team sources say that Kenley Jansen had a better financial offer from the Nationals; decided to "go with his heart"

Even if the Yanks overpaid for Chapman they easily got their $$'s worth. Lemme explain;
Chapman's deal will prove to be near market value with Kenley Jansen, rumor is he's got a deal like that on the table now.
He was actually one of the younger really good FA's on the market at 28.
The Yanks traded him for some decent prospects and Gleyber Torres one of the best SS prospects in the minors last year so he's already locked in returned value for the team..
He's a huge upgrade for them on the field next year and for years to come. Late last season after the trades the bullpen was much shakier.

Maybe it's the fiscal conservative in me, but I don't like the move, but purely for financial reasons. This will make it a lot harder to get under the luxury tax threshold next year to make sure we can go for that awesome free agent class in 2018.

Maybe it's the fiscal conservative in me, but I don't like the move, but purely for financial reasons. This will make it a lot harder to get under the luxury tax threshold next year to make sure we can go for that awesome free agent class in 2018.

I just cant imagine the bullpen without a closer next year tho. Betances was shaky after the trades.. He's necessary for the team to make noise next season IMO.

Derek Holland signs with the Whitesox.. Perhaps it'll be easier to try and pry Quintana off them now? (hopefully)