What's new

Monroe or Bust

Mambo

As far as the 5-10 range goes. Monroe is the only candidate I can see becoming an Allstar.

If I were the Jazz FO I would do everything possible to move up to atleast 6 to try and secure Monroe.

I dont see him lasting until 9

Aldrich Patterson Udoh will all have good futures but they wont have the impact that Monroe has, If we want to start thinking about keeping Deron here I think moving up to secure a player that has the highest potential is where we need to start.

I never could get on board the Monroe bandwagon, everytime I would watch the guy no matter how well he played I had a hard time envisioning him ever playing at a high-level in the nba. The thing that worries me the most about Monroe is his lack of aggressiveness and inability to be a gamechanger in the lowpost. Part of this was JT3 always liked to run their offense through him from the high-post but Monroe never looked to be a natural 1-on-1 scorer on the block. Also the length we hoped he would provide us against the Lakers is sort of an aberration as he has the same wingspan and standing reach as Carlos Boozer, and he's not real bouncey (as Jay Bilas would say) or that quick off his feet. IMO Udoh is the safe pick and Favors/Davis/Cousins obviously have more upside.

I never could get on board the Monroe bandwagon, everytime I would watch the guy no matter how well he played I had a hard time envisioning him ever playing at a high-level in the nba. The thing that worries me the most about Monroe is his lack of aggressiveness and inability to be a gamechanger in the lowpost. Part of this was JT3 always liked to run their offense through him from the high-post but Monroe never looked to be a natural 1-on-1 scorer on the block. Also the length we hoped he would provide us against the Lakers is sort of an aberration as he has the same wingspan and standing reach as Carlos Boozer, and he's not real bouncey (as Jay Bilas would say) or that quick off his feet. IMO Udoh is the safe pick and Favors/Davis/Cousins obviously have more upside.

This.

Monroe's awful. ****ing awful.

Monroe`s passing ability and Offense would work perfectly in the Jazz system.

In my mind he is like LaMarcus Aldridge/Lamar Odom (with a hell of a lot more potential). Keep in mind he is only 20. He can easily turn into a more efficient low post scorer given the right system and coach(aka jazz) His ceiling is high. He is a big body 6`11 240

Out of anyone 5-10 he is the best all around player.

Last edited:
Monroe`s passing ability and Offense would work perfectly in the Jazz system.

In my mind he is like LaMarcus Aldridge. Keep in mind he is only 20. He can easily turn into a more efficient low post scorer given the right system and coach(aka jazz) His ceiling is high. He is a big body 6`11 240

Out of anyone 5-10 he is the best all around player.

I don't give a **** about his passing. He's a mediocre defensive player at best, can only go one way offensively in the low post which NBA players on the defensive end will smell and attack like a ****ing hawk, and has as many hops as Okur. Seriously, go watch a deemed "highlight" clip of him. Two dunks in four minutes. And one of them is on a one on none fast break. The kid looks like some awkward scrub out there. Best case: Brad Miller Worst case: The guy who dunked and fell off the ledge at the beginning of Above the Rim.

I don't give a **** about his passing. He's a mediocre defensive player at best, can only go one way offensively in the low post which NBA players on the defensive end will smell and attack like a ****ing hawk, and has as many hops as Okur. Seriously, go watch a deemed "highlight" clip of him. Two dunks in four minutes. And one of them is on a one on none fast break. The kid looks like some awkward scrub out there. Best case: Brad Miller Worst case: The guy who dunked and fell off the ledge at the beginning of Above the Rim.

You realize the talent he was playing around right?He was carrying his team and creating his own shot.He wasnt running a pick & roll every possession and finishing with an Amare dunk? He is extending his shooting range and developing more low post moves(especially with his right hand) He is a shot blocking threat(7`2 wing span) and again he is 20 YEARS OLD

He is quick on his feet and he is an above average rebounder.

His defense is mediocre?? He has the quickest hands of any big man.

1.2 steals per game 1.7 blocks per game

Put this guy with the best PG in the league and he will be special

He is weak, afraid of contact, doesn't play good D and doesn't have a passion for the game. All great reasons the Jazz shouldn't take him. Did I mention he is non existent with his right hand. I'LL PASS ON MONROE.

Last edited:
You realize the talent he was playing around right?He was carrying his team and creating his own shot.He wasnt running a pick & roll every possession and finishing with an Amare dunk? He is extending his shooting range and developing more low post moves(especially with his right hand) He is a shot blocking threat(7`2 wing span) and again he is 20 YEARS OLD

What does the talent he has around him have to do with the fact that he sucks in what is called a "highlight" real? Seriously, watch it. The kid has no hops and his blocks of 1.7 per game in the minutes he received suck. Hell, Ed Davis had 2.8 per game in a lot less time per contest. Ditto that with his rebounding numbers per minute. You mention his age as if that's something special but really it's about the norm nowadays; Babbitt's 20, George is 20, Wall, Cousins, and Favors were all frosh and without looking it up, I'm assuming are no older than 20. In the NBA, he's going to get eaten alive.

Monroe's a very good passer, but so is Boozer (IMO Boozer quietly is one of the better high post passers in the game) so Monroe isn't going to give us anything offensively that we haven't had with Boozer.
The Odom comparison is invalid because Lamar was essentially a point-forward coming out of Rhode Island and started his career at SF. I'll agree with you Monroe's very skilled,and has good fundlementals for a 20-year old, but I guess a less specific problem I have with him is you never watch him and say "Wow, this guy's a beast" and unless you're Tim Duncan there aren't many good post players like that who you want to draft in the top-10.

Hollinger, who's draft ratings have been pretty spot on in previous drafts, has Monroe above Favors. I have to agree that Monroe is worth trading up for. Although, if the Jazz can't make it happen the left overs aren't that far behind. Monroe does look like he has dominant potential. I would be all for trading up to get him.

Hollinger, who's draft ratings have been pretty spot on in previous drafts, has Monroe above Favors. I have to agree that Monroe is worth trading up for. Although, if the Jazz can't make it happen the left overs aren't that far behind. Monroe does look like he has dominant potential. I would be all for trading up to get him.

If you mean Monroe could be dominated at the next level, then yes, he has dominant potential. Otherwise, this guy couldn't dominate himself in a thumb wrestling competition. Seriously, have you watched him? I saw G'Town in a few games this year and then watched these lowlights of him on youtube and MM is spot on. Monroe is ****ing Gumby. You remember Eddie Murphy as Gumby in SNL? That's this mother. Seriously, as one other poster said, he has no passion for the game. Don't we already have a few bitches like AK and Okur who fit that description and in some ways are a cancer to the team? We now need another? Please realize we need someone with some ****ing balls on this team and who can play at least slightly above average defense and has some solid offense. Someone like Cousins, Favors, Johnson, Turner. ****.

Buy these ****ing draft picks from the Bulls and the other numbnut team trying to sell off a draft pick, and package those with our #9, plus our Memphis pick, to move up to #5 and get one of the guys I just mentioned. Seriously, four 1st rounders should be enough to move up four spots. If it's not throw in Goufos in the deal. No matter what one of the guys I mentioned will be there and I want our front office to show some ****ing balls, go for the throat, and get that guy. I'm tired of fatally flawed players who are bitches and scared to bang like Charlie ****ing Bronson. ****.

If Channing Frye.. I mean Greg Monroe is all we can get out of this draft we're going to be in the lottery for a very very long time.

Chubs Freeman is a decent player. Georgetown isn't that bad, the problem is they are all *******. The whole team was as soft as Greg Monroe.

Monroe could last until 9 I think. It depends on who Sacramento takes. If Sactown takes Cousins, then Monroe could slide.

If Channing Frye.. I mean Greg Monroe is all we can get out of this draft we're going to be in the lottery for a very very long time.

This is a spectacularly ignorant statement.

Really, slugger? A franchise that has been in the playoffs virtually every year for the last 25 years or so is suddenly going to be a perpetual lottery club if they happen to strike out on a random, serendipitous top-10 pick that wasn't even theirs to begin with?

Really?