What's new

Multi-quote broken?

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Is multi-quote broken or am I doing something wrong?

If I quote 2 or 3 people to reply, then complete my post, then quote a different person to reply with a different post, the first quote of my original multi-quote comes along for the ride. It used to not do this as it deselected the multi-quote posts after the multi-quote reply was completed. Not sure if I am explaining this well.

If I quote 2 or 3 people to reply, then complete my post, then quote a different person to reply with a different post, the first quote of my original multi-quote comes along for the ride. It used to not do this as it deselected the multi-quote posts after the multi-quote reply was completed. Not sure if I am explaining this well.

Granted just your post but trying it now. Tried it in the other Site Feedback thread as well and it appeared to work. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but the checkbox in the lower right of the posts appears to go away once I'm done with this QUICK reply - is that the difference?

Granted just your post but trying it now. Tried it in the other Site Feedback thread as well and it appeared to work. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but the checkbox in the lower right of the posts appears to go away once I'm done with this QUICK reply - is that the difference?

It doesn't happen if I just quote one other post, but when I use the checkbox to quote 2 or more the first one I check stays checked and gets added into any subsequent posts unless I manually go uncheck it.

It doesn't happen if I just quote one other post, but when I use the checkbox to quote 2 or more the first one I check stays checked and gets added into any subsequent posts unless I manually go uncheck it.

Ok thanks. I couldn’t duplicate it but I’ll keep trying. Which browser and operating system? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Chrome, windows 7

Replying to first

Replying to 2nd

Replying to 3rd

Maybe I'm "holding it wrong"... Ok, on Chrome and Win7 now. I clicked the quote box in the lower right of your three posts. Clicked REPLY TO THREAD button at the bottom left of the thread. That populated QUICK REPLY. Made my updates and hit POST QUICK REPLY. Boxes in the lower right are unchecked.

Hmm.... We're likely < 30 days from moving to new software so I may just table this but you reminded me to look at what quoting features the new software has... Eeek.

Let me know if you do something different.

Signed, Stumped.

Here is an example of a multi-quote that kept the first quote when I made a second post in the same thread.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?76711-Mitchell-needs-to-start&p=1510132&viewfull=1#post1510132

I quoted 2 posts and completed that reply, then I quoted a different one and it kept the first post from the first set of quotes.

This is the post with the first multi-quote.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?76711-Mitchell-needs-to-start&p=1510131&viewfull=1#post1510131

Don't know if this helps, or if it really matters at this point if the software is updating or whatever.

Ok, I think I created it. Perhaps it was because I wasn't testing doing multiple quotes over multiple pages.

Thanks!