What's new
  • This community for NHL hockey in Utah will migrate from JazzFanz.com to a stand-alone location in the coming months. For now, lets talk hockey!

Name the team!

I'm seeing they are going to do a fan vote, bracket style, to pick the name. I'm pretty sure the worst names are always picked by public vote.

In my opinion the best names are unique and sometimes ones that have to grow on you. Names picked by the majority will more likely be generic and soulless.
Especially since all the names in the bracket are trash. Yeti is so horribly bad though. I’ve wanted a hockey team to cheer for my entire life but yeti is the one I don’t think I could do.

I'm seeing they are going to do a fan vote, bracket style, to pick the name. I'm pretty sure the worst names are always picked by public vote.

In my opinion the best names are unique and sometimes ones that have to grow on you. Names picked by the majority will more likely be generic and soulless.

True, how bad could it get? This happened in the UK, I like it.

Especially since all the names in the bracket are trash. Yeti is so horribly bad though. I’ve wanted a hockey team to cheer for my entire life but yeti is the one I don’t think I could do.

Has the bracket been posted? I haven't seen it.

I should probably clarify that I don't really care that much since I don't live in Utah.

Utah Blizzard with a Yeti as the mascot.
Utah Outlaws (please no more zz's)
Utah Swarm (playing in the Hive like Bawse Dawg said)

I like Utah Swarm. With a Bee/Hornet logo.

Call the arena The Hive.

I think it works, and is Utah centric. But lots of the suggested names are fine. 'Blizzard' is ****ing awful though. And I feel like fans will pick that one.
Similar but I like the Utah Hive by itself. Utah Venom, Mammoth, Saltine Crackers (I kid).

Question What happens to the Utah Grizzlies?
Can Grizzlies and an NHL team co-exist?
Won't an NHL take fans and revenue from Grizzlies?
Are there many minor league hockey teams and NHL teams that share the same local?

Question What happens to the Utah Grizzlies?
Can Grizzlies and an NHL team co-exist?
Won't an NHL take fans and revenue from Grizzlies?
Are there many minor league hockey teams and NHL teams that share the same local?
I can’t imagine they don’t take a massive hit. Also, to me it’s the question of what happens to the Bees if Utah gets an MLB team. They’re building this new stadium in Daybreak, but unless they become a relevant affiliate of Utah MLB, it seems like it’d collapse attendance.

I wonder if he's really going to let the public decide with a bracket vote... or if that's just a play to get public feedback but the results will be based only in part on that exercise (like All-Star voting).