What's new

Natalie Cline

Sardines

My feeling is that she just needs to go. Now she wants to talk about harassment (no, not the harassment she's guilty of, she is saying that SHE has been harassed) and... wait for it... election interreference.

The funniest thing to me is that when I first read an article about what she did I thought the picture they showed was of the kid she publicly accused of actually being born male and it was sort of like, yeah I can see why she thought that but it's still not okay. But it wasn't a picture of the kid, it was a picture of her, obviously since they aren't going to show a picture of a juvenile in this context.

1707956633719.jpeg

She's just a nasty nasty person who is in a position someone like her should never be in.

My feeling is that she just needs to go. Now she wants to talk about harassment (no, not the harassment she's guilty of, she is saying that SHE has been harassed) and... wait for it... election interreference.

The funniest thing to me is that when I first read an article about what she did I thought the picture they showed was of the kid she publicly accused of actually being born male and it was sort of like, yeah I can see why she thought that but it's still not okay. But it wasn't a picture of the kid, it was a picture of her, obviously since they aren't going to show a picture of a juvenile in this context.

View attachment 16023

She's just a nasty nasty person who is in a position someone like her should never be in.
Who is she? What position is she in?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Who is she? What position is she in?

She is a Utah State Board of Education member who posted tweets (I think tweets) calling out a specific 16 year girl who was in high school sports as being born a male, only that particular student was NOT born a male. I believe she even posted a picture of this 16 year old child, along with full name, etc.. The child has required a security detail since these tweets and Natalie Cline went silent and has not issued an actual apology until today when she made accusations about her own harassment and election interference.

Gov. Cox and the Lieutenant Gov. issued a joint statement denouncing Cline, called for her to resign, their have been many calls for her to resign, but it looks like she's digging in her heels.

Here's is an except from the article posted above

Natalie Cline, a Bluffdale Republican, caused a social media firestorm last week when she posted a screenshot to her Facebook page of another social media post promoting an area girls basketball team's upcoming game, including an image that showed two members of the team. One of the members of the team, a girl, has been accused of being a boy, according to her parents. Critics accused Cline of using her post, which has since been deleted, to suggest the player is transgender or otherwise cast aspersions on her.

What a ****.

Speaking of girls playing sports, there is this 3rd grade Polynesian girl at my daughter's elementary who is incredible at basketball. I was rebounding for her yesterday and she is a sniper. Better than any boy in the whole school, 4th and 5th graders included.

I asked her if her parents put her in basketball leagues and she said that she plays football but not basketball. I told her she should ask her parents to put her in basketball and reminded her that there is no girls football team in high school but there is a basketball team.

If I ever see her parents picking her up or dropping her off then I will have to talk to them about it.

She is either Steph Curry or Kobe when she makes a shot and it cracks me up.

The legislature gave her a tap on the wrist for the same reason why Congressional Repubs refused to impeach Trump twice and have indulged in the Big Lie for years, they’re afraid of being primaried by their radicalized rage addicted base. Impeaching Cline would’ve triggered the most extreme caucus goers, the Eagle Forum and Moms for Liberty types. This would’ve led to some legislators being primaried. They were afraid.

But I’m sure Cline has learned her lesson…

It’s pretty amazing to see an entire political party repeatedly step on the same rake over and over and over again.

This is a quality read. Especially after a few years now of folks like Natalie cline pretending to care about protecting children. In the end, they don’t care about that. Similar to the Moms for Liberty cofounder who was recently found to have been sleeping around with another woman after years of attacking the LGBT community, it’s not about principles or protecting children. It’s never been about being g “pro life.” It’s about control. It’s about maintaining the social and racial hierarchy that was greatly disturbed when a black man dared to win the White House. It’s about grievance. It’s about enacting their radical and unpopular political agenda on the rest of us normal people.

We are the parents of three amazing children. Our daughter was recently targeted in a public Facebook post by Natalie Cline, a member of the Utah State Board of Education. Ms. Cline violated our daughter’s privacy by using her image and identifying the school team on which she plays.

Our daughter is only 16. She is a minor. She is a biological female. She identifies as a female. She’s naturally strong and athletic and has worked really hard to be the lead scorer for her team this year. She is beautiful, happy, friendly, kind, smart and has the biggest heart. She is the type of person that lights up a room, and everyone wants to know who she is and be her friend.

You wouldn’t know any of these amazing qualities about our daughter because Ms. Cline’s post only used her physical appearance to make ignorant assumptions about whether or not she has the right to be on a girl’s basketball team.

Ms. Cline did the very thing we teach our children not to do in terms of bullying, mocking and spreading rumors and gossip about others. Ms. Cline did the very thing we teach our children not to do — she blasted social media without fact checking, which ultimately led to a barrage of hateful and despicable comments that were directed at our daughter that lasted for more than 16 hours.

It was one of the most painful things we’ve had to endure as we read comment after comment of unwarranted judgment, ignorance and hate by adults and parents who were hiding behind their computers bullying our child.

Many parents teach their children that there are consequences to their actions. Ms. Cline targeted a child, a student in the Utah school district. She blatantly harmed a member of the population she is supposed to support and protect.

All members of the Utah State Board of Education should be protectors of Utah’s students. They should safeguard their interests. It is a violation of these obligations to publicly criticize a child, directly or by implication, as Ms. Cline did. It is even worse when the implied message is completely false.

Ms. Cline’s post about our daughter was extremely damaging and exposed her to baseless and cruel public ridicule. It undermined student trust in government, in elected officials and even in adults in general. Ms. Cline’s subtle, but clear, message was an open attack on our daughter, degrading her self-worth. Ms. Cline’s conduct is inexcusable and would be unjustifiable even if it had factual basis — and it did not.

Ms. Clines continued presence on the Utah State Board of Education undermines the trust and respect that is afforded to such a position. It is imperative Ms. Cline takes responsibility for her actions. Her irresponsible post cannot be rectified by a half-hearted apology in which she excused her actions by stating we’re just living in “strange times.”

We hoped Ms. Cline would have already taken full accountability for the pain and immeasurable damage she has caused. This isn’t only about our daughter — this is about the many families who have reached out to us expressing their deepest gratitude for standing up for their children and loved ones who don’t have a voice. As of today, Ms. Cline has yet to resign.

In Utah, we are better than this. We must be better than this. We cannot brush aside such things by allowing those who perpetrate them to remain in office.

We have put our trust in each of you as our elected officials and urge you to do the right thing. It doesn’t matter who is right, it only matters what is right. Ultimately we know this is in God’s hands. We are asking that, following an adequate due process, we can move towards impeachment of Natalie Cline.

Al and Rachel van der Beek