What's new

NBA Expansion?

Avery

I don’t have a problem with it. The talent isn’t so watered-down that it would make expansion an issue and the league has wanted to get into both of these markets for a while.

homeytennis

It was season before this one when Hoopshype ran a list of 125 veteran free agents available to sign. All had enjoyed some success in the League at one time. There is enough talent out there to accomplish this.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Who goes east? Memphis for sure. Then it’s a coin toss on Minnesota or NOP.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Who goes east? Memphis for sure. Then it’s a coin toss on Minnesota or NOP.
Good question... I was thinking for TV ratings they'd pick the team they'd like to get on TV more and put them in the East... but I guess game times usually aren't dictated by conference. Either way 2 teams that predict to be strong going forward would be headed East. We'd get two **** teams in our conference... right as we finally start to tank.

SoberasHotRod

I definitely think expansion is overdue and I would welcome it. Probably makes tanking sooner than later more important since it will be difficult to be worse than two expansion teams.

gandalfe

Good question... I was thinking for TV ratings they'd pick the team they'd like to get on TV more and put them in the East... but I guess game times usually aren't dictated by conference. Either way 2 teams that predict to be strong going forward would be headed East. We'd get two **** teams in our conference... right as we finally start to tank.
Why would they move 2 teams East?
Currently, there are 15 teams in each conference. If they add 2 West team, that would make it 17/15, so they'd need to move 1 team East.
Geographically, it would be MEM, but I think NO would be more likely, so they can get more Zion hype.

Reactions: MVP