What's new

Nets acquire Warriors guard Morrow

Guitaro

https://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5376537

Associated Press
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets have acquired guard Anthony Morrow in a sign and trade deal with the Golden State Warriors.

The deal was completed on Tuesday, just a day after the Nets handed Morrow an offer sheet on a three-year, $12 million contract.

The Warriors, who were not expected to match the offer, will get the Nets' second-round draft pick in 2011. The pick is protected if it falls between 31 to 55.

Morrow averaged 13.0 points last season, shooting 46 percent from 3-point range.

"We felt that outside shooting was a primary concern during this offseason," Nets president and general manager Rod Thorn said. "Anthony is one of the premier young shooters in the league and we are very pleased to add him to our roster."

Morrow has averaged 11.6 points and 3.4 rebounds in 54 career games over the past two seasons. The Georgia Tech product was not selected in the 2008 draft and later signed with the Warriors as a free agent. He led the NBA in 3-point field goal percentage in 2008-09, becoming the first Warrior and first rookie to lead the NBA in the category.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Last edited:
Looks like Brown, Matthews, Brewer and Harrington are our choices? Although, the Jazz would have to at least match watch Dallas offered Harrington, the MLE.
It's too bad his rights were rescinded by NY or we could've used the Harpring TPE for him. I'd like the Jazz to get Harrington.

Personally, aside from his ego, I think Shannon Brown has the most upside and talent of what's left. He showboats a bit, but so does Deron. He'd allow for this
new bigger, slower team to run a bit more. He had career numbers last year. He's only getting better every year. That's something the Jazz pay attention to.

We know what Brewer brings. I just don't think we need another slasher. We need less clogging for our new man, Al, to work efficiently.

Matthews fits the best of the 4 I mentioned. However, we would be overpaying by almost $2 million, and upwards of $3 million later on, for him.

If the Jazz pick up Harrington or Brown then I'd say we actually improved compared to last year. We could realistically add both if Brown could be traded for
using part of the Harpring TPE. You can do this, you just can't combine the TPE and something else. You can, however, use it to get more than one player.
Phoenix did this to obtain Warrick.