What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

First rumor, Kyrie Irving is expected to leave Boston and sign with Brooklyn. Brooklyn is expected to renounce D'Angelo Russell.

Russell will have multiple suitors, including Indiana, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah and possibly New York. Guys around the league (not just David Locke) think that Phoenix is the likely destination for D'Lo.

Brooklyn is interested in Tobias Harris, but also reportedly has interest in signing Julius Randle to play with Kyrie. Brooklyn declined their option on Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and now has close to $46M in space to sign free agents.

The trade between the Lakers and the Pels for Anthony Davis is expected to close on July 6th, unless the deal is somehow amended. The Lakers will only have $23.7M in cap space, assuming Davis doesn't waive his trade kicker. This means the Lakers do not have cap room to pursue a max-level free agent. Even if they trade out guys like Mo Wagner and Issac Bonga, they barely have enough cap space to fill out their roster with guys who are mid-level exception-caliber players or less.

Milwaukee Bucks are attempting to move a player (most likely Tony Snell) along with the #30 pick to clear cap room to sign all their free agents, including Middleton, Lopez, Brogdon and even Mirotic.

Minnesota is aggressively trying to trade Andrew Wiggins. They want to move up in the draft, possibly for Coby White, and separately, they'd like to get in on the D'Angelo Russell sweepstakes.

The Celtics are trying to trade one or more of their first-round picks. They're candidates to try to trade up in the lottery.

Several teams in the lottery are in talks with NOLA about the #4 pick, including Chicago and Atlanta. Boston might also come into play.

The trade between the Lakers and the Pels for Anthony Davis is expected to close on July 6th, unless the deal is somehow amended. The Lakers will only have $23.7M in cap space, assuming Davis doesn't waive his trade kicker. This means the Lakers do not have cap room to pursue a max-level free agent. Even if they trade out guys like Mo Wagner and Issac Bonga, they barely have enough cap space to fill out their roster with guys who are mid-level exception-caliber players or less.

To be honest, this is exactly what they need to do. LBJ is still going to LBJ and with AD, they need some spacing. I'd stick Kuz in the corner this summer to regain his shot, find some 3D guys, and call it good. They are going to need some depth after trading a third of their team.

Milwaukee Bucks are attempting to move a player (most likely Tony Snell) along with the #30 pick to clear cap room to sign all their free agents, including Middleton, Lopez, Brogdon and even Mirotic.

Minnesota is aggressively trying to trade Andrew Wiggins. They want to move up in the draft, possibly for Coby White, and separately, they'd like to get in on the D'Angelo Russell sweepstakes.

The Celtics are trying to trade one or more of their first-round picks. They're candidates to try to trade up in the lottery.

Several teams in the lottery are in talks with NOLA about the #4 pick, including Chicago and Atlanta. Boston might also come into play.
Does Ainge want to salary dump Hayward for one of those picks?

Does Ainge want to salary dump Hayward for one of those picks?

I don't know. I don't think one FRP would be enough to dump Hayward's contract right now, unless it's the Memphis pick next year.

Horford is declining his option for next year, and is expected to do a new deal with Boston.

I don't know. I don't think one FRP would be enough to dump Hayward's contract right now, unless it's the Memphis pick next year.

Horford is declining his option for next year, and is expected to do a new deal with Boston.
Who would we rather take back, all things considered, Hayward or Love?

Who would we rather take back, all things considered, Hayward or Love?
Neither.

Jazz aren't looking at either of those players. Love is a center now. Him and Gobert match worse than Gobert and Favors. Love can't guard pfs and he can't switch. He likes to do a lot of work inside where Gobert just crowds things. If you just park him on the outside you are better off getting a much cheaper healthier option who can do that. Nikko is a better fit and much cheaper.

Wow. Harrison Barnes declining his $25.1 million player option and becoming an unrestricted free agent.

This will go down as the biggest free agent summer in the history of the NBA.

I want to see somebody breakdown the following:
- % of NBA players who are free agents
- number of max contracts given
- number of top 25, 50 and 75 players signed or traded
- number of players who switched teams
- number of new contracts
- money spent overall
- most luxury money projected of all time?

I'd give Memphis a deadline to agree at the draft. If nothing comes from them, unload our weight and go shopping. This one's going to be nuts.