What's new

NFL Discussion Thread - 2013

I am so ready for the Broncos to kick off the season by beating the Superbowl champs.

35-17 and its only half way thru the third. Peyton with 5 TD passes. As Julius Thomas is having a hell of a night. If not for the Welker mistake it would be 35-10.

Somehow l had the brains to draft Julius Thomas.......wish l would have had the brains to play him

The Raiders?!?? Ugh. You should be ashamed.

More of a nostalgia thing for me now....I'm barely hanging on...mostly in hopes that they'll move back to L.A. I probably won't watch more than 2 games of theirs. For some reason, I prefer watching Mr. 452 yards, 7 touchdowns right now instead.

More of a nostalgia thing for me now....I'm barely hanging on...mostly in hopes that they'll move back to L.A. I probably won't watch more than 2 games of theirs. For some reason, I prefer watching Mr. 452 yards, 7 touchdowns right now instead.

I only say that because I'm a Broncos fan and the Broncos and Raiders don't play well together. Oil and water type thing

couple of thoughts from the first game...

1 Once Harbaugh didn't challenge that first down the game ended. even if he didn't trust his player NBC replayed it before it was snapped. Bad miscommunication that is hard to believe at the NFL level.

2 I still can't believe the idiot players who let go of the ball before they cross the goal line. if I were a coach I'd cut a player who did that if he was just average or below average and an equivalent player couldn't be found on the waiver wire. that was a 14 point swing that (for the Donks anyway) thankfully came when they had a big lead.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using JazzFanz mobile app

couple of thoughts from the first game...

1 Once Harbaugh didn't challenge that first down the game ended. even if he didn't trust his player NBC replayed it before it was snapped. Bad miscommunication that is hard to believe at the NFL level.

2 I still can't believe the idiot players who let go of the ball before they cross the goal line. if I were a coach I'd cut a player who did that if he was just average or below average and an equivalent player couldn't be found on the waiver wire. that was a 14 point swing that (for the Donks anyway) thankfully came when they had a big lead.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using JazzFanz mobile app

They showed a clip during the game of one of the coaches all in his face. Just yelling at the guy (Trevathan). When he tried to start talking back and tried to use his hands to demonstrate one of the other players slapped his hands down and made him sit there and take it. Add to that the scare of the injury (turned out to be nothing) to Woddyard, who isa defensive captain, and I think he learned his lesson.

Areas the Broncos can improve:

Run game
O line. Peyton was sacked 3 times
Holding onto the ball. 3 fumbles
Stupid mistakes. Welker punt fumble and the Trevathan goal line idiocy. That lead to 14 Raven points.

You take out two idiotic mistakes and this game is 56-13. Either way it was a statement game that was not played perfectly. Done without two of their best defensive players in Miller and Bailey. Eric Decker had an off night. Julius Thomas looks like a stud. If he can keep this up opposing defenses will not be able to cover Welker, D. Thomas, Decker and J. Thomas all at once. I think Montee Ball will improve and help the run game. That looked like Denvers biggest weakness.

One thing you really had to like from the Broncos was their ability to separate the ball from the man. Multiple Ravens' catches turned into incompeletions last night.

One thing you really had to like from the Broncos was their ability to separate the ball from the man. Multiple Ravens' catches turned into incompeletions last night.

Yeah the Broncos secondary played great last night. Without Champ Bailey who is still an elite CB. When he and Miller get back the whole D will pick it up a notch. I really liked what I saw from the young guys Harris, Ihenacho and Trevathan (aside from that idiotic fumble at the goal line). Phillips, brought over to replace Dumervil, had 2.5 sacks last night. When Miller gets back that will take attention off of him. Also it is great to see Wolfe back and in the middle. He had 2 tackles for loss. He seems to be doing better against the run. Denver beefed up their line considerably this offseason, it showed. Ravens only got 58 yards on the ground.

This team looks very hungry.

lol 46 points from Manning. Just give me the Jazzfanz fantasy title right now.

Nabbing him was a stroke of genius/luck. With Thomas, Welker, Decker and Thomas, hell even the RBs, catching his passes he is going to put up huge numbers this year.

Last night he had 7 TDs for 462 yards with 0 ints. That landed him a rating of 141.1.