What's new

Nigel Williams-Goss

Ironankle

Can someone help me to understand his situation? He played this year for the Partizan and won a MVP. Is it interesting to replace him against Neto next year and if yes, the Jazz still have his right or not?
Don't really remember which kind of player he is, his weakness and his strengh but his stats looks quite good in Europe.

Can someone help me to understand his situation? He played this year for the Partizan and won a MVP. Is it interesting to replace him against Neto next year and if yes, the Jazz still have his right or not?
Don't really remember which kind of player he is, his weakness and his strengh but his stats looks quite good in Europe.

Not a nba player. Move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he will be on the Jazz next year *if* they don't draft a guard in the first round. He should be playing SL this year. He needs to show he can handle ball pressure better and he should be pretty good. The biggest thing that held him back in SL last year was ball pressure and not shooting it well. I think the year in Europe really shored up those weaknesses.

I think he will be on the Jazz next year *if* they don't draft a guard in the first round. He should be playing SL this year. He needs to show he can handle ball pressure better and he should be pretty good. The biggest thing that held him back in SL last year was ball pressure and not shooting it well. I think the year in Europe really shored up those weaknesses.
I always thought of his weaknesses being: 3pt shooting, lateral quickness, top end speed and lack of explosion around the rim. I doubt he can fix those problems.

I always thought of his weaknesses being: 3pt shooting, lateral quickness, top end speed and lack of explosion around the rim. I doubt he can fix those problems.
Backup PG's dont need top end speed or explosion around the rim to be factors in the NBA. He shot 48% from 3 this year on 136 attempts.

His biggest problem in Summer League was handling ball-pressure. He just never looked comfortable out there. With a professional year under his belt he should be much more ready.

He’s not a bad shooter by any means. Not excellent, but not bad at all.

He’s not overly explosive, or fast, but for a PG has good size to offset that.

In SL he looked lost primarily because of his inability to handle the press, and make open shots. It sounds like he’s improved a lot over in Europe, which would be really nice.

I wasn’t overly high on him, but I’m intrigued to see how he plays here this summer.

I forget who wrote it, think it was Kyle Goon, but he had a nice article on NWG where Goss talked about how he faced the press a lot in Europe and it forced him to improve a ton.

Seemed to me like for whatever reason the game just wouldn't slow down for him in SL- i think his year playing with pros had to help that. We may see an entirely different player this year.

So who would you rather have: NWG, Little Stock or Neto?
Neto...

it will be interesting to see what kind of strides NWG has made. His stats from Serbia look nice and he seems to have had a good season but even when I watch his highlights, he doesn't seem like he creates much separation. He finishes in the paint through craftiness and some floaters, but those would be harder to go by with in the NBA IMO.

NWG looked awful in summer league last year which was surprising given John Stockton's assessment of him when the Jazz drafted him. Maybe he was injured and he didn't tell anybody.

He can shoot and pass ok. He has a bit of a delay/hitch in his release. One of his biggest problems is his left hand is weak, especially finishing near the rim. He never finishes left, and his dribbling is weak. Too easy to guard when you go the same way every time.

So who would you rather have: NWG, Little Stock or Neto?
I'll choose Door #4. Jazz have 3 players: Rubio, Exum and Mitchell who can play PG. Even O'Neale or Jingles in a pinch. A roster spot might better be served by developing whoever they pick in the 2nd round (possibly trying to trade up). And/or finding a combo guard to develop. In the end, they'll offer a contract for slightly over the vet minimum to Raul. He's made himself more valuable than his skills by being Rudy's pet.