What's new

Game Thread Nov 04, 2021 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Hawks

Added to Calendar: 11-04-21

Yeesh… fire the tape guy… that’s a lot of ankles.

Also… this is a must win game.
5svif0.jpg

Isn't this where training camp was held? It's a sign from the universe.

Do we miss the minivan? I think the questions needs to be asked.

I think Paschall has done an admirable job in that role and we'll see how Gay comes back from injury....but Niang could have been a great value asset that we just let go. He's getting paid $3.3M a year for two seasons, barely over the minimum. Bertans got payed $80M over 5 years and I'm not sure he's even better than Niang. Bertans wasn't the only one who got paid either....Robinson, McDermott, and Kennard got the bag as well. I thought it was kinda crazy that Niang got as little as he did. Even if he's not as good as those guys he's getting a third or even closer to a fifth of what some exclusive shooter types got.

I was huge on resigning Niang. I don't think we're necessarily missing him because we're still playing well, but that was a good opportunity to lock down a rotation player for cheap. Nice to have cheap contracts on the books when you're entering repeater tax.

Last edited:
They forgot to add "Jordan Clarkson (Broken Jumper)" to the injury report.
then we will see the biggest injury report in any professional sports history. Harden, Lillard, Embiid, Doncic, Trae Young, Bradley Beal, Devin Booker, Fox, Tatum, Joe Harris, Duncan Robinson all struggling with their shots right now.

I think Paschall has done an admirable job in that role and we'll see how Gay comes back from injury....but Niang could have been a great value asset that we just let go. He's getting paid $3.3M a year for two seasons, barely over the minimum. Bertans got payed $80M over 5 years and I'm not sure he's even better than Niang. Bertans wasn't the only one who got paid either....Robinson, McDermott, and Kennard got the bag as well. I thought it was kinda crazy that Niang got as little as he did. Even if he's not as good as those guys he's getting a third or even closer to a fifth of what some exclusive shooter types got.

I was huge on resigning Niang. I don't think we're necessarily missing him because we're still playing well, but that was a good opportunity to lock down a rotation player for cheap. Nice to have cheap contracts on the books when you're entering repeater tax.
Niangs shot disappeared JC style when it mattered most. I love Niang and he did a good job fixing his weaknesses but he wasn’t a guy that could hang defensively in the playoffs. Paschall and Gay may end up putting up lower numbers and having a much bigger impact in the playoffs.

We are just fine without him.