What's new

Game Thread Oct 30, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bulls

Added to Calendar: 10-30-21

This is our first real Test considering how well the Bulls have started the season.

I'd like us to win this game and stay in first place the whole season. Is there any team that's been in (or tied for) first place from games 1-82?

I'd like us to win this game and stay in first place the whole season. Is there any team that's been in (or tied for) first place from games 1-82?
I don't know absolutely for sure, but the Warriors 73-9 season started with them going 24-0. I don't imagine anyone was ever ahead of them.

Bulls in the 72 win season? Warriors in their 73 win season? Those are my bets. I am pretty certain that was the case for the Warriors. Less certain about the bulls but that is my bet.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, this is a must win game. Waiting confirmation.

I don't know absolutely for sure, but the Warriors 73-9 season started with them going 24-0. I don't imagine anyone was ever ahead of them.
What is crazy is this overshadowed a 67 win season from the Spurs.

What truly made this a magical year is the Lakers went 17-65. I get the shudders just thinking about that!

Last edited:
What is crazy is this overshadowed a 67 win season from the Spurs.

What truly made this a magical year is the Lakers went 17-65. I get the shudders just thinking about that!
Did the Spurs win the championship that year? Or was that one of the years the Heat won it?

Bulls Jazz... It takes me back to high school... I can hear Hot Rod's voice. Must. Win. Game.

Bulls Jazz... It takes me back to high school... I can hear Hot Rod's voice. Must. Win. Game.
Brings me back to 6th and 7th grade. Some good memories and some really painful ones. **** Bavetta. Also, is it not some kind of heresy for Jazz fans to be wearing Jordan gear? WTF? Why is this a thing?

Did the Spurs win the championship that year? Or was that one of the years the Heat won it?
That was the Warriors 73 win season. In that season the Spurs won 67 games, and the Laker lost 65 games. That was the year Cleveland won the championship. 73 games won, fall flat in the finals.

Joe will be in the starting lineup for Conley which will open up a lot of minutes off the bench for Butler, if he plays well he should get over 20 minutes tomorrow night.

Butler's Big Break.
I have been happy with Butler so far. He plays under control, doesn't take plays off, and has some obvious talent and underrated athletic ability. I could see him being a key cog, albeit a small one, by the time the playoffs start.

So we went from hamstring to knee. Is this just what they are saying to justify a rest day or is there legitimately something that will likely rear its ugly head come playoff time. He had a LOT of DNPs for hamstring injury maintenance, but it still took him nearly completely out of the playoffs.

I sure hope Butler comes along quickly so we don't have to rely on Conley nearly as much.