What's new

Official: Jazz will sign Jack Cooley to a 10-day contract

Plus, guys make more on two 10 day contracts than they can a whole season in the DLeague. The Jazz aren't pushing for a playoff spot, so it's good to kick the tires and see who might have a shot to fill out the bench. Every once in awhile, you might get lucky and find an Elijah Millsap or Hassan Whiteside. I'd prefer they try out the most athletically gifted players, but they have a good scouting system in place. Still wish they'd give a 10 day shot to Nate Wolters or Ricky Ledo.

I also would lke to see Ledo or Wolters close up.

Jack Cooley , wowww He is real super star , he will be mvp

he will get max conract like 5 years 120 millions

Jack Cooley will make jazz champion but his in dream hahahaha

Haven't seen any news on it?
This article from the DN indicates he was in SLC on Saturday. He's under contract so he counts as a roster spot.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...t-looking-forward-to-new-start-with-Jazz.html

"His skill level is something that we're excited about," Snyder said. "His ability to stretch the floor and his youth. I think anytime you get a guy that's young, there's potential for development, and that's something that we like. It'll be good."

Sure sounds like the Jazz aren't going to waive him.

ECTYA was a huge, huge fan of Jack Cooley. He always said that the Jazz should have tried to keep him. He played in Turkey a couple years back.

He rebounds like a monster. I'm not sure if he can play the 5-- I hope so. I'm fine with the signing.

ECTYA was a huge, huge fan of Jack Cooley. He always said that the Jazz should have tried to keep him. He played in Turkey a couple years back.

He rebounds like a monster. I'm not sure if he can play the 5-- I hope so. I'm fine with the signing.

14th/15th guy on the roster needs to show some serious potential to stick around. Not sure if Cooley has that. Think his upside is limited, but at least it keeps them from overusing Gobert and Favors down the stretch.

14th/15th guy on the roster needs to show some serious potential to stick around. Not sure if Cooley has that. Think his upside is limited, but at least it keeps them from overusing Gobert and Favors down the stretch.
Or just gives them an extra guy in practice. With Booker and Evans getting more time, Cooley may not even see any game action. But he's worth the look. Kudos to Lindsey and Snyder for continuing to take a look at players and to the Millers for continuing to spend. Jazz could have just folded up the tent after the deadline and kept the roster at 13. Also think it's great these players can get some additional money. They play for nothing in teh DLeague. As someone else mentioned, a 10-day contract pays them as much - or more - than they make for an entire season in the DLeague.

Yeah really liked him too. High energy, high Bball IQ guy. He is playing for Adelaide currently. Never saw him live but his stats sure look fine.

18.6PPG, 7.2RPG playing nearly 28 minutes and shooting .526, .492(59 3PA), .736(106 FTA)

I hope they invite him back for summer league and training camp. Maybe he has an NBA out or can sign with Jazz when NBL season ends in March.

I hope they invite him back for summer league and training camp. Maybe he has an NBA out or can sign with Jazz when NBL season ends in March.

I thought he was going to make the team. Fortunately we stashed Motum down under and opted for Ingles. Jazz will need a backup 5, but Pleiss may take that spot. Jazz are getting to the point where it's going to be very difficult to make the team. We're going to see decent players get cut or not re-signed because we just don't have a spot for them.

We signed Cooley because we needed another *** on the team after we traded Kanter away. *ba-dum-bum-ching*

Yeah really liked him too. High energy, high Bball IQ guy. He is playing for Adelaide currently. Never saw him live but his stats sure look fine.

18.6PPG, 7.2RPG playing nearly 28 minutes and shooting .526, .492(59 3PA), .736(106 FTA)

He won Week 15 Player of the Week, you can click here for highlights of the performances that won him the award, the first game against Perth (the reigning champs) in Perth, the second at home against the cellar-dwellers.

The NBL finals are being played over the next fortnight, so maybe Motum could come back after that?