What's new

Official Playoff Race Thread

Sneakers

Someone's gotta do it, right??

With Phoenix losing in OT and Memphis winning at the last second, here is the playoff picture as stands:

7. Portland 35-27
8. Memphis 35-29 1 game behind
9. Phoenix 32-29 2.5 games behind
10. Utah 33-30 2.5 games behind

Talk about Utah getting some bad breaks. Had we won even 2/3 out of Detroit, Boston and Denver we would be 35-28, 8th in the west, instead of 10th with a tough road trip coming up. Memphis freaking pulled a win out of nowhere tonight too.

I'll update this up until the point it gets hopeless, which it isn't yet, but could be soon.

You really should do games behind for eighth place, since that really only matters. Jazz are one and a half games behind Memphis for eighth. I think the road trip, as Brian T. Smith mentioned, is a season defining trip. Seeing where the Jazz will be at after the trip (four games) will be interesting.

Does anyone really suspect that this 2-7 post-Sloan team is going to find any upset potential with 19 games remaining? I mean this as a serious question.

Does anyone really suspect that this 2-7 post-Sloan team is going to find any upset potential with 19 games remaining? I mean this as a serious question.

How often do you make it Los Angeles. Do you like beer?

How often do you make it Los Angeles. Do you like beer?

Not often enough. I usually see a lawyer buddy of mine there.

I like my beer like I like my women. Cold, liquid, and inside of me.

LOL. Its time to seriously start considering if we even have a shot at the 8th seed next year

After tonight, you wonder if they will win another game this year ... as Walt Frazier just said, "seemingly tired and uninspired," and he wasn't being sarcastic, either. It's painful to watch. I think the shock of the last few weeks is starting to hit them.

Right now I hope that the Jazz can win a few more games. I would be shocked if Utah made the playoffs. You can't win if you don't play defense. The team showed little heart tonight. I think they are starting to believe they can't win.

Right now I hope that the Jazz can win a few more games. I would be shocked if Utah made the playoffs. You can't win if you don't play defense. The team showed little heart tonight. I think they are starting to believe they can't win.

I think you might be right cowhide. This is the first game since the trade that the team looked like they didn't care about playing hard. The losing may just have gotten to the point that they don't think they can win games.

Sadly, we have 000000 defense right now. Just horrible. The way we're playing combined with other teams play, at this point I'm thinking we'll be getting the 6th (NJ's) and 13th(ours) picks in the 2011 NBA draft. If we can make them count, which is no gimme, we could quickly be back in the playoff hunt next year, but this year looks to be in the tank...

Like I was telling KEK last night via text, Im not sold on Harris. So far he has done nothing to improve this team.

Like I was telling KEK last night via text, Im not sold on Harris. So far he has done nothing to improve this team.

He's a decent band-aid, and a meager upgrade from Earl Watson. But I'd be dismayed if the FO doesn't replace him over the summer with a top-15 point guard...someone who can hit a three-pointer.

I do like Harris' work in traffic to get lay-ups, though.

That said, Favors was obviously the best portion of the trade for the J's.