What's new

Official Thread: 2018 Draft JazzFanz Homer List

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Alright guys, *** BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND *** it's time to make this official list of who we love in the 2018 NBA Draft.

So how does this work?

- You pick who you "Love" as a player, irregardless of position and where they're projected to be picked.

- It's basically the guy you're proud to be a "homer" of and you think he/she will outperform his/her draft position.

- If your guy is picked really high in the draft, but crapped out, ala "Anthony Bennett" (No. 1 pick), "Derrick Williams" (No. 2 pick), then you would be "Shamed" forever and ever more.

- If your guy performed more or less at the same level as where he is picked, then it's "Meh".

- However, if your guy is picked low, like say Klay Thompson (No. 11) or Paul George (No. 10), but outperformed that particular pick, then you are "Glorified" forever and ever more here on JazzFanz and become a part of JazzFanz's prestigious folklore. (Honz is obviously in this category re Hayward)

====================================================================

So just indicate in the comment below what your pick is (1 player per poster only please) and I will update the following list. Doesn't matter if your player is taken, I'll group you guys together, no problem whatsoevaaaa.

NOTE:

- Also because the draft is coming up, you are allowed to change your pick immediately after the draft if you think your player will likely be adversely affected by the team that's drafted him... but the change must be made before the start of the first 2018 NBA Summer League game.

- If you would like me to change the 'nickname' of your player, please also let me know and I'll update it.

- If you want me to add a player not already listed below, also please let me know.

Let's Go!!!

Updated '18 Draft JazzFanz Homer List

DeAndre Ayton:

Marvin Bagley III:

Luka 'Chosen One' Doncic:

Michael 'Medicals' Porter Jnr:

Jaren 'Tripple J' Jackson Jnr:
JustTheTip

Mohamed 'BAM BAM' Bamba:
ONE LOVE, PG_AB

Kevin Knox:

Wendell Carter Jnr:

Trae 'Next Curry' Young:

Mikal Bridges:

Colin Sexton:

Miles Bridges:

Lonnie Walker:

Zhaire 'Space Jam' Smith:
SCS

Robert Williams:

SHAI 'Shay' GILGEOUS-ALEXANDER:
rare144

Aaron Holiday:

Troy 'Brown Mamba' Jnr:
Thee Jazz Fan, Saint Cy of JFC

Elie Okobo:
Hekate, Handlogten's Heros, stitches

Keita 'KBD' Bates-Diop:

Kevin 'Flame Thrower' Huerter:
Jingled, Revolution 9, Xthren

Chandler 'Friends' Hutchinson:
Rgiss

Jerome 'JRob' Robinson:
prodigy

Khyri 'Fork Union' Thomas:
kabenac

Dzanan 'The Moose' Musa:

Grayson Allen:
Gas, Stu

Donte 'DRex' Divinzenzo:
LoPo, Infection, David Hume

Josh 'I don't fall for the okey-doke And before I fall for the okey-doke, I let the pistol smoke' Okogie: Bodhi

Anfernee "The Next Gen Penny" Simons: Jack Strop

Melvin 'Peanut' Frazier: whatthe, Ellis269, Jazz Spazz

De’Anthony 'Trojan Horse' Melton:

Omari 'THE BIG RAGU' Spellman:
NUMBERICA

Gary Clark: Eminence

Chimezie 'You too?' Metu: mellow

Kostas "Greek Freak 2.0" Antetokounmpo: Stormkoopacv03

Last edited:
Alright guys, *** BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND *** it's time to make this official list of who we love in the 2018 NBA Draft.

So how does this work?

- You pick who you "Love" as a player, irregardless of position and where they're projected to be picked.

- It's basically the guy you're proud to be a "homer" of and you think he/she will outperform his/her draft position.

- If your guy is picked really high in the draft, but crapped out, ala "Anthony Bennett" (No. 1 pick), "Derrick Williams" (No. 2 pick), then you would be "Shamed" forever and ever more.

- If your guy performed more or less at the same level as where he is picked, then it's "Meh".

- However, if your guy is picked low, like say Klay Thompson (No. 11) or Paul George (No. 10), but outperformed that particular pick, then you are "Glorified" forever and ever more here on JazzFanz and become a part of JazzFanz's prestigious folklore. (Honz is obviously in this category re Hayward)

====================================================================

So just indicate in the comment below what your pick is (1 player per poster only please) and I will update the following list. Doesn't matter if your player is taken, I'll group you guys together, no problem whatsoevaaaa.

NOTE:

- Also because the draft is coming up, you are allowed to change your pick immediately after the draft if you think your player will likely be adversely affected by the team that's drafted him... but the change must be made before the start of the first 2018 NBA Summer League game.

- If you would like me to change the 'nickname' of your player, please also let me know and I'll update it.

- If you want me to add a player not already listed below, also please let me know.

Let's Go!!!

Updated '18 Draft JazzFanz Homer List

DeAndre Ayton:

Marvin Bagley III:

Luka Doncic:

Michael Porter Jnr:

Jaren Jackson Jnr:

Mohamed 'Bam Bam' Bamba:
ONE LOVE

Kevin Knox:

Wendell Carter Jnr:

Trae 'Next Curry' Young:

Mikal Bridges:

Colin Sexton:

Miles Bridges:

Lonnie Walker:

Zhaire Smith:

Robert Williams:

SHAI GILGEOUS-ALEXANDER:

Aaron Holiday:

Troy Brown Jnr:

Elie Okobo:
Saint Cy of JFC

Keita Bates-Diop:

Kevin 'Next Klay' Huerter:

Chandler Hutchinson:

Jerome 'JRob' Robinson:

Khyri Thomas:

Dzanan 'The Moose' Musa:

Gayson Allen:

Donte 'DD' Divinzenzo:
Dawg, it's "Grayson".

Players I like where Jazz are picking are:

1. Kevin Huerter
2. Keita Bates-Diop
3. JRob
4. Okobo

But my homer for this whole draft has to be BAM BAM!

I notice you don't have one Gary Clark on your list... put me down.

My past picks:
Richaun Holmes
Ben Simmons
Lauri Markannen

This is tough. There are multiple guys that I think are being somewhat undervalued. Ayton, Okobo and Divincenzo are just a few.

But my homer pick is Zhaire Smith.