What's new

Opinions wanted - Watching the Jazz on League Pass

fargon_sneaky_bastage

Hello all,

My wife wants to tighten the budget up a bit and drop our Dish subscription. My big concern with that is missing Jazz games, but I guess League Pass has DVR-like functionality now so it looks like an option. Has anyone used the single team option in the past, and if so, what was your experience? Thanks in advance!

I did league pass when we didn't live in Utah. In Missouri it was cool because there weren't blackouts. In Texas it sucked because they said we were part of all major markets, so we lost 12 games per year. We've moved to Utah and got in to our house in February and I seemed to find some loophole where I could buy individual games through league pass and stream them without a blackout. Not sure why. Also not sure if that will continue this year. I've cancelled Dish because of some fiasco and now need to find a solution. People have mentioned VPN, which is what I'll probably do, but I'm pretty ignorant on what exactly that entails. My plan is to buy league pass and stream it on the TV.

Here is my plan most years recently.

Get a VPN.

Pretend to be from another country.

Get League Pass for very cheap.

Be annoyed with how crappy league pass is.

But appreciate how cheap it is.

End up watching illegal streams posted on Reddit half the time anyways. But you paid so its not really illegal.

Complain to the Jazz because we are only 1 of 4 teams that dont have a stand alone streaming option for our games locally.

I did league pass when we didn't live in Utah. In Missouri it was cool because there weren't blackouts. In Texas it sucked because they said we were part of all major markets, so we lost 12 games per year. We've moved to Utah and got in to our house in February and I seemed to find some loophole where I could buy individual games through league pass and stream them without a blackout. Not sure why. Also not sure if that will continue this year. I've cancelled Dish because of some fiasco and now need to find a solution. People have mentioned VPN, which is what I'll probably do, but I'm pretty ignorant on what exactly that entails. My plan is to buy league pass and stream it on the TV.
If you are watching from a computer there are free browser extensions that are VPNs. You just add them on your browser and turn them on. I use Hotspot on chrome and I can pick the country. I used India last year because League pass for the entire season was $15.

If there were a streaming service available that worked in Utah I would use that. But since they dont and I have to use a VPN to watch the games then I am going to pay the cheapest option possible.

Honestly the years there are illegal streaming services available I use those. I do watch streams online using links on Reddit but I dont watch games live always so I need something I can watch it later with. I would rather not give money to an industry racking where people are making excessive amounts of money but not providing a decent option for their fans to watch. I pay enough money to be a Jazz fan and so do the rest of the fans they should have a better option. I would open my wallet up for a good product to watch the games on if they ever decide to provide one.

Here is my plan most years recently.

Get a VPN.

Pretend to be from another country.

Get League Pass for very cheap.

Be annoyed with how crappy league pass is.

But appreciate how cheap it is.

End up watching illegal streams posted on Reddit half the time anyways. But you paid so its not really illegal.

Complain to the Jazz because we are only 1 of 4 teams that dont have a stand alone streaming option for our games locally.
Idk why, but I live in Utah, and buy the full league pass and am able to watch Jazz games on my mobile devices and on the app. My friends all can using league pass on their TV apps as well. For some reason it doesn’t black them out.

Hello all,

My wife wants to tighten the budget up a bit and drop our Dish subscription. My big concern with that is missing Jazz games, but I guess League Pass has DVR-like functionality now so it looks like an option. Has anyone used the single team option in the past, and if so, what was your experience? Thanks in advance!
I had league pass last year and was disappointed with the video quality and lag I had so I ended up streaming the vast majority of NBA games on Reddit streams. Those are free and hd quality. I know some people look down on that, but I feel I paid for it so, morally, I didn't feel bad.

If you have fast internet, maybe this could be an option.

Hehepeepeecaca

Idk why, but I live in Utah, and buy the full league pass and am able to watch Jazz games on my mobile devices and on the app. My friends all can using league pass on their TV apps as well. For some reason it doesn’t black them out.
Really? I tried again last year and it was blocked for me. In fact I even tried during the free period last year to get it to work on an app on my firestick but it was blacked out.

On top of that League Pass sucks. It was almost a waste of money for me last year and I only paid $15 for the entire season...

The LP app on most devices is not great. I typically like to start games 30-45 minutes late so I can skip commercials and finish the game live. At least on the Firetv and PS4 I wasn't able to do that (at least over the last couple seasons). There is also a period of one to two hours after the games ends where the game is "archived" and is unavailable to view. I would be unhappy if I only had the online version of LP. I watch MLB and NFL online, and they are much better.

It's a joke a billion dollar Enterprise can't get proper netcode and connections to create a good online product. Even their website is ****. I almost feel it's on purpose due to the contracts with cable companies. Have a service so they can say they have it, but unworkable enough people say **** it and stick to cable packages.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

All I can say is that international league pass is excellent. Of course, for an American, it would require VPN somehow.

Really? I tried again last year and it was blocked for me. In fact I even tried during the free period last year to get it to work on an app on my firestick but it was blacked out.

On top of that League Pass sucks. It was almost a waste of money for me last year and I only paid $15 for the entire season...
Yes, and I even logged into several different devices and it let me watch them live on all of them. I also have the ATT sports app which is what I usually use but it doesn’t black out Jazz games on me for some reason. Also, I enjoy League Pass, but I enjoy watching basketball a lot. I’ll just let it renew I think.

Since people are already talking about things of dubious legality, I should point out that there are 2-3 streamers who stream every NBA game in HD.

It's a joke a billion dollar Enterprise can't get proper netcode and connections to create a good online product. Even their website is ****. I almost feel it's on purpose due to the contracts with cable companies. Have a service so they can say they have it, but unworkable enough people say **** it and stick to cable packages.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app
IMO nba.com is one of the worst websites on the planet. I dunno what they use but it's just not user friendly at all it's always glitchy too even on a fast computer, I can't imagine what it'll be like on a slow one. LP on it is always a coin toss everytime I'm using it whether it'll play the games properly or not.

With the amount of money they're making I'm always surprised as to how they can stuff it up so badly.

I guess maybe that's why - it's a monopoly so we'll pay for it no matter what quality we get.

All I can say is that international league pass is excellent. Of course, for an American, it would require VPN somehow.
Makes sense, you guys don't have stations that have NBA contracts like the ones in the u.s. Not sure VPN's actually bypass how you receive the product, just the blackouts and price point.