What's new

Other Teams’ 1st Round Picks Owed to Jazz Watch

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
This is where we can discuss how the teams are doing that owe the Jazz picks. Seems like a virtually evergreen topic.

Teams that owe 1st round picks to the Jazz:
Timberwolves
  • 2026 (swap)
  • 2029 (top-5 protected)

Cavaliers
  • 2026 (swap)
  • 2028 (swap)

Lakers
  • 2027 (Lakers top-4 protected else 2nd rounder)

May this thread cast bad juju on those teams and let’s talk some ****.

yeah i think it's clear our own pick next year will be the highest ? Most likely to get value are the Cavs later picks / swaps and the Lakers 27 ??

yeah i think it's clear our own pick next year will be the highest ? Most likely to get value are the Cavs later picks / swaps and the Lakers 27 ??
Interesting. Yeah, is the best play to trade the pick before Mitchell signs an extension (if the intel is solid that he will and we’re somehow ahead of the intel)?

West is so strong atm that having a bad season can easily knock you into lottery. GSW and Houston missed the play in but next season they might not. Something gotta give if they dont.

Other than individual bad seasons/injuries, it feels like 18-20 is the best we could hope for.

How do we feel about the Cavs/Wolves drafts? Both teams did a great job at filling their biggest need.

Wolves got a dynamic scorer and the Cavs got an athletic/versatile wing.

Even though I'm not a Dillingham believer he got drafted to a dream fit. Gets to learn behind Conley and gets to play next to All-D talent along with Rudy screen assist.

The wolves killed it last night. They snagged an nba ready bucket getter in Shannon and a great Conley replacement in Dilly.

The cavs got a rock big wing prospect which is exactly what they needed.

The head scratcher of the night for me was the pistons taking Holland. I'm a big Holland fan but I don't like the fit with Cade, Ausur and Duren.

The wolves killed it last night. They snagged an nba ready bucket getter in Shannon and a great Conley replacement in Dilly.

The cavs got a rock big wing prospect which is exactly what they needed.

The head scratcher of the night for me was the pistons taking Holland. I'm a big Holland fan but I don't like the fit with Cade, Ausur and Duren.
They signed the best shooting coach in the NBA according to KOC, so I guess they really believe in what he does.

How do we feel about the Cavs/Wolves drafts? Both teams did a great job at filling their biggest need.

Wolves got a dynamic scorer and the Cavs got an athletic/versatile wing.

Even though I'm not a Dillingham believer he got drafted to a dream fit. Gets to learn behind Conley and gets to play next to All-D talent along with Rudy screen assist.
I’m not sure what to make of Tyson, but the Wolves ****ing crushed again which is pretty dispiriting.

Back