What's new

Paschall traded to the Jazz

Some of the responses here are yikes. Golden State could have easily gotten more than a second for him. I’m shocked he went for so cheap. This is a guy who made All-Rookie 1st Team on 14 PPG and 4.6 RPG a game while shooting 49.7% from the field. He will be in the rotation. No reason he shouldn’t be the 8th-9th man on the team. You guys live and die by analytics but analytics do not show how **** of a team he was playing on.
8-9th man? Who’s he ahead of?

1. Don.
2. Rudy.
3. Conley.
4. Royce.
5. Bojan.
6. Clarkson.
7. Ingles.
8. Gay.
9. Whiteside.

Unless he leaps Whiteside (or Udoka), which there’s no way Quin goes small like that that regularly. He could be 10th guy.

1. Don.
2. Rudy.
3. Conley.
4. Royce.
5. Bojan.
6. Clarkson.
7. Ingles.
8. Gay.
9. Whiteside.

Unless he leaps Whiteside (or Udoka), which there’s no way Quin goes small like that that regularly. He could be 10th guy.
I think we are setup better to handle an injury or to make a trade for something different now. Very few coaches have a 10 man rotation… which is what it’s take for Paschall to be a regular rotation player.

I do think these moves mean Udoka basically never plays. He’s shown more that excites me than TB ever did but maybe he’s not gonna be good enough… maybe Whiteside is the break in case of emergency option but I think Udoka will basically have to murder him so thoroughly in practice to sniff any backup minutes.

1. Don.
2. Rudy.
3. Conley.
4. Royce.
5. Bojan.
6. Clarkson.
7. Ingles.
8. Gay.
9. Whiteside.

For some reason, I'm suspecting Whiteside won't play as much as we're thinking. He might not be in the top 9, but I think we'll see the Paschall small ball 5 slightly more often than we think.

EDIT: this is probably fueled by wild eyed optimism, I will only stand by this statement if I'm right.

Some of the responses here are yikes. Golden State could have easily gotten more than a second for him. I’m shocked he went for so cheap. This is a guy who made All-Rookie 1st Team on 14 PPG and 4.6 RPG a game while shooting 49.7% from the field. He will be in the rotation. No reason he shouldn’t be the 8th-9th man on the team. You guys live and die by analytics but analytics do not show how **** of a team he was playing on.
Look I like Paschall, and love his skill set, but he played for a GLeague like team mostly devoid of talent. Someone has to score on that team. He wasn’t as good once there was actual talent on that team. I think his numbers in year one are misleading, but I also think that he’s not as bad as he was in year two. I don’t think he’s been able to have much progression. He may mostly have to sit for a year, and think the jazz should treat him as a rookie and let him learn real basketball and integrate into this system. In a year or three, he could be a valuable rotational piece playing a few roles in different lineups.

I seriously doubt Paschall will be in the regular rotation when everyone is healthy. Most likely he'll be like our 10th or 11th man and get minutes in the games Gay or Whiteside miss. It will be nice having 11-12 actual NBA caliber players on the roster, I'm not sure that was the case last year.

He couldn’t get minutes when they were dying to win and two of the players ahead of him were injured. That’s the most telling “analytic” there is. If he wasn’t good enough for injured GSW, why is he good enough for us? He needs to get a lot better.

What was DWill's alias when he got in trouble with Dee Brown? It wasn't as good as Mike Vick's, but it was solid.
Are you getting the alias story mixed up with the Pillow Fort story involving Deron, Dee Brown, Brewer and Millsap? That was a great time in Jazzfanz history.