What's new

PC Gamers Unite!

@Gameface

Did you pick up Total War 3 Kingdoms? It felt awfully similar to Koei games.

I like it enough to go "one more turn" though.

@Gameface

Did you pick up Total War 3 Kingdoms? It felt awfully similar to Koei games.

I like it enough to go "one more turn" though.
Okay, so yes I did. I think I need to watch a tutorial on how to play the ****ing thing because I couldn't figure out how to do anything instinctively. So I have it but have only played for about 30min until I gave up because I couldn't figure out how to initiate a battle.

I really got excited about the game and then I was disappointed. I'm realizing that I don't have the patience and willingness to endure the learning curve that I had when I was 14.

Up late looking to get an Nvidia RTX 3080 FE at launch.

Wish me luck!
I can't believe that was just over a year ago. It honestly feels like a lifetime ago.

Throughout my entire life it has felt like time has gone by faster and faster, but 2021 feels like it has lasted 10 years.

I can't believe that was just over a year ago. It honestly feels like a lifetime ago.

Throughout my entire life it has felt like time has gone by faster and faster, but 2021 feels like it has lasted 10 years.
There is a netflix doc that talks about this, if I remember right. It has to do with how much of our life is passing in terms of percentage. When you are 10, 1 year is a whopping 10% of your life, so not much to compare to so it feels longer than it is (yes yes that's what she said). When you are 100 years old, then that same 1 year is only 1% of your life, so it feels much shorter. This also has to do with what you have experienced. The more new experiences, the more it catches you attention so it feels like it is more full when you are younger and less experienced. 2021 is anomalous, as was 2020, due to the fact that all of our routines were disrupted, which are what we use to mark time, and we all experienced new things. Something like that.

Last edited:
Okay, so yes I did. I think I need to watch a tutorial on how to play the ****ing thing because I couldn't figure out how to do anything instinctively. So I have it but have only played for about 30min until I gave up because I couldn't figure out how to initiate a battle.

I really got excited about the game and then I was disappointed. I'm realizing that I don't have the patience and willingness to endure the learning curve that I had when I was 14.
I am sure you could figure it out if you went with Cao Cao or Sun Jian for your first campaign. Sun Jian gets so much space early on, it's great for build-up.

Learning curve thing is real. Last Civilization game I played I was pretty much rolling without knowing I was doing. There is nothing wrong with running a few campaigns to the ground though.

I am sure you could figure it out if you went with Cao Cao or Sun Jian for your first campaign. Sun Jian gets so much space early on, it's great for build-up.

Learning curve thing is real. Last Civilization game I played I was pretty much rolling without knowing I was doing. There is nothing wrong with running a few campaigns to the ground though.
I went with Liu Bei, he was always my favorite in ROTTK III, followed closely by Cao Cao. I always went east first and got rid of Sun Jian, Sun Ce, Zhuge Liang, Sun Quan etc.,. My finale was usually rooting out Dong Zhou in the north-west. Although a lot of times I would go for Dong Zhou early so I could get Lu Bu. Having Guan Yu, Zhang Fie and Lu Bu all on my side was my jam.

I'll watch a tutorial and start with Cao Cao and see what I can do.

Last edited:
I went with Liu Bei, he was always my favorite in ROTTK III, followed closely by Cao Cao. I always went east first and got rid of Sun Jian, Sun Ce, Zhuge Liang, Sun Quan etc.,. My finale was usually rooting out Dong Zhou in the north-west. Although a lot of times I would go for Dong Zhou early so I could get Lu Bu. Having Guan Yu, Zhang Fie and Lu Bu all on my side was my jam.

I'll watch a tutorial and start with Cao Cao and see what I can do.
The generals make a lot of difference in battle. Shu's top 3 are elite and Lu Bu is a beast as usual. Generals still make a difference but I think some of the relationship dynamics weren't there like with KOEI games.

My last campaign I went with Ma Teng, they get some nifty cavalry bonuses and married Ma Chao to Sun Ren(Really OP) and my cavalry was unstoppable. Went through factions like they were some sponge cake, lol.

I have a full garbage desk chair right now. It actually hurts me and I think it takes joy from hurting me.

I am willing to actually pay some money for a decent chair at this point.

I am looking at Secret Labs Titan chairs. I know this company heavily sponsors youtubers and that's why I know who they are, but I do see a lot of them actually using these chairs in non-sponsored videos, so I'm leaning towards them not completely sucking donkey ****.

Buying a good chair online is like buying a good mattress online. It's a shot in the dark.

Does anyone know if Secret Labs makes actually good chairs worth around $500? I'm looking at a Secret Labs 2022 Titan model with fabric in the regular size.

I have a full garbage desk chair right now. It actually hurts me and I think it takes joy from hurting me.

I am willing to actually pay some money for a decent chair at this point.

I am looking at Secret Labs Titan chairs. I know this company heavily sponsors youtubers and that's why I know who they are, but I do see a lot of them actually using these chairs in non-sponsored videos, so I'm leaning towards them not completely sucking donkey ****.

Buying a good chair online is like buying a good mattress online. It's a shot in the dark.

Does anyone know if Secret Labs makes actually good chairs worth around $500? I'm looking at a Secret Labs 2022 Titan model with fabric in the regular size.
I looked around, read stuff, looked at other options and ended up buying an office chair for $500.

I think that Secretlab might be trying hard to make decent chairs, but I also know they are charging a heavy premium for the gamer aspect and that bucket seats with heavy bolstering are not desirable for a desk chair. In my car, yes please.

Anyway, if I end up liking it I'll post more info. If I don't I'll slink into the darkness in my shame.

Plot twist:

I got the office chair and felt like in no way was it worth anything close to $500. It had slop wobble. One of the levers seemed super cheap and like it was going to get snapped off before too long. It was all plastic construction. It wasn't particularly comfortable.

The good news was that they have a 30 day no questions asked (they did ask some questions) return policy with free shipping back.

In the meantime I bought the Secret Lab chair I was looking at. I got it an hour or so ago and I'm really impressed with it. Construction is MUCH better than the other chair. Comfort is really good so far. Everything about it feels right to me.

I hit what will likely be my last EVGA queue GPU. This one is the limited edition RTX 3090 Kingpin card.

I'm excited about it and plan to run it as my main (non-mining, well not full time) PC that I use for things like posting on Jazzfanz and playing games. Big issue is that it is a "hybrid" card that basically has an AIO cooler and I'm running a custom water loop. I also currently have an EVGA RTX 3080 Ti Hydro Copper card that requires liquid cooling also. So I don't have a place to put the 3080 Ti since I don't have another PC with a custom water loop. I also don't have a waterblock for the 3090 Kingpin card. There are only two out there, the EVGA hydro copper that is currently sold out, or an Optimus waterblock that is pretty "cool" (my puns are always intended) because it has active cooling for the Chip, VRMs and Memory on the front of the card and also has active cooling for the memory on the back of the card. But it's $600 and about 2 months out right now.

I've considered selling the card at scalper prices, but I actually really want the card.

It's gonna pull mining duty until I can get it figured out.

EVGA-RTX-3090-KINGPIN-1.jpg

I've never been a Xbox guy but Xbox Game Pass on PC is the best thing thats happened for gamers in a long time. I dont think I'll ever buy a new game again.

I hit what will likely be my last EVGA queue GPU. This one is the limited edition RTX 3090 Kingpin card.

I'm excited about it and plan to run it as my main (non-mining, well not full time) PC that I use for things like posting on Jazzfanz and playing games. Big issue is that it is a "hybrid" card that basically has an AIO cooler and I'm running a custom water loop. I also currently have an EVGA RTX 3080 Ti Hydro Copper card that requires liquid cooling also. So I don't have a place to put the 3080 Ti since I don't have another PC with a custom water loop. I also don't have a waterblock for the 3090 Kingpin card. There are only two out there, the EVGA hydro copper that is currently sold out, or an Optimus waterblock that is pretty "cool" (my puns are always intended) because it has active cooling for the Chip, VRMs and Memory on the front of the card and also has active cooling for the memory on the back of the card. But it's $600 and about 2 months out right now.

I've considered selling the card at scalper prices, but I actually really want the card.

It's gonna pull mining duty until I can get it figured out.

EVGA-RTX-3090-KINGPIN-1.jpg
I bought the $600 Optimus waterblock but I'm probably several months out before it gets here. When it does I'm going to completely redo my hardline liquid cooling loop, as my current setup was my first go and it could be better. I have 12mm OD hardline and I'll either go with 14mm or 16mm OD line, which will mean replacing all of the fittings. So it'll be a pricey swap, but my massive Thermaltake Tower 900 will look a lot better with bigger tubing.

This is a render of the block
optimus-kingpin-gpu-block-front-1_2000x.jpg

It doesn't really show the backside which also has active water cooling for the backside mounted VRAM, but it's a massive block.

I cancelled my Optimus block order. Looks like I'll be buying an EVGA Hydrocopper block from another user.

That means I'll have a factory EVGA RTX 3080 Ti Hydrocopper card looking for a new home.

If that's something anyone here might be interested in I'll give any jazzfanzer the best price (slightly below my cost and I paid EVGA MSRP) that I can.

evga-geforce-rtx-3090-ftw3-ultra-hydro-copper-gaming-3d.jpg

You absolutely must have a custom water cooling loop to run the card. If you have any questions PM me.

I got some deep discounts and splurged on a Samsung Odyssey NEO G9.

I know it has some issues and I'm ready to send it back if I'm not impressed.

I already have an Odyssey G7 and I'll be running both with the G7 mounted above the G9. I couldn't find any images on google of anyone doing that so I'll post some once it is set up. I'm waiting for delivery of the Neo G9.

In the meantime here are some images of the Neo G9.

samsung-odyssey-g9-neo-1-1632181870371.jpg

04-Samsung-Odyssey%20.jpg