PC Gamers Unite!

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
bump for right to repair

if you don't what that is or why it is important in several different ways (and that it DOESN'T just mean untrained individuals fixing their own stuff) then look it up.

This is an important issue.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Huge
bump for right to repair

if you don't what that is or why it is important in several different ways (and that it DOESN'T just mean untrained individuals fixing their own stuff) then look it up.

This is an important issue.
Huge huge issue that industry will fight tooth and nail. Refurbishment is a tremendous revenue stream for a lot of these companies. Imagine you can get full profit on an item that you can then get back and resell with less expense. Or force people to use you for basic repairs at huge markups. There is a lot of money around this.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Huge

Huge huge issue that industry will fight tooth and nail. Refurbishment is a tremendous revenue stream for a lot of these companies. Imagine you can get full profit on an item that you can then get back and resell with less expense. Or force people to use you for basic repairs at huge markups. There is a lot of money around this.
There is no way for this to go anywhere without consumers standing up for their rights to have the things they bought repaired.

This is a personal property issue. (hi libertarians)

This is a massive environmental issue. (hi liberals)

This is a massive small business issue. (hi republicans)

This is a big common sense issue. (hi centrists)

Let's all make our voices heard and turn this into an issue that politicians can't afford to leave to their big business donors.

This is an issue that affects all of us and we should have the right to repair our property. Please investigate this issue if you are not familiar with it. Please.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
In other news I won another Newegg shuffle and will be getting a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision OC on Monday.

I probably deserve a little hate at this point.

But, I will be using all my 30 series Nvidia cards for gaming. My PC has a custom water cooled RTX 3080 Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC with a Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB of 3600MHz CL14 RAM. My kid has an Intel 10850k and will be getting this RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision with 32GB 3600MHz CL16 Ram. Our family VR and Racing Wheel PC has a lowly 3600XT but also an EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming Hybrid RTX 3090 with 16GB 3200 MHz CL16 RAM. I'm looking to upgrade the CPU on that one to a 5800X and maybe do a RAM upgrade.

On that VR PC with the 3090... I haven't looked in over a week but I had the 24th best VR Blue Room score in the world and the world's best Port Royal score with a RTX 3090 and Ryzen 3600XT combo (weird combo so take it for what it's worth). Don't know if it still stands but if anyone wants to challenge me I'm fully prepared to post my valid results.

Lord Bullingdon

I got this split keyboard n i love it... Highly recommend for any gamers out there.. actually way better for your wrist, plus there's no chance i slam my mouse into my keyboard ever again..

1619551645582.jpeg

Last edited: