What's new

PGA Golf

JazzGal

Contributor
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
I'm not a golf fan, but I am a Tony Finau fan. So I've been interested to see if he would be picked for the Ryder Cup. Since I haven't been paying attention over the years, is it normal for the picks to be Tiger and Phil even though they haven't been having a stellar year? Are the picks made more on popularity than the previous tournament results?

I'm not a golf fan, but I am a Tony Finau fan. So I've been interested to see if he would be picked for the Ryder Cup. Since I haven't been paying attention over the years, is it normal for the picks to be Tiger and Phil even though they haven't been having a stellar year? Are the picks made more on popularity than the previous tournament results?

Top ten in points make the team, then the Capitan gets two Capitans picks, and they can pick any two golfers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the top 8 get in and then the captain picks 4. He picked 3 today.

I'm assuming Tony has a decent shot to be the other pick? Maybe?

Phil has played in more Ryder cups then anyone in the history of the event with more wins and losses then anyone, which comes from his longevity in the event. He’s a leader on the corse for America, he’s usually teamed with first or second year golfers to the Ryder cup, and usually does well even though he’s not what he used to be. I think he’s earned the right to be there every two years.

Phil was more of a sentimental/past performance pick as this will likely be his last Ryder Cup as a player. Finau is almost certain to get the final captain's pick.

Phil was more of a sentimental/past performance pick as this will likely be his last Ryder Cup as a player. Finau is almost certain to get the final captain's pick.

Phil earned his spot with his play, he was a reasonably consistent performer this year. There's no way you could have left him off.

the clip of Tony Finau dislocating his ankle celebrating a hole in one at the masters par 3 tournament is hilarious, just casually flicks it back into place. Goes on to play the tournament

Phil has played in more Ryder cups then anyone in the history of the event with more wins and losses then anyone, which comes from his longevity in the event. He’s a leader on the corse for America, he’s usually teamed with first or second year golfers to the Ryder cup, and usually does well even though he’s not what he used to be. I think he’s earned the right to be there every two years.

Phil’s very, very close friends with the ******* picking.