What's new

Play-In Tourney for the 8-seed?

Kinda silly not to just do the 16 game playoff but they trying to sneak in more revenue and giving Zion a shot to make the playoffs will get some eyeballs for sure. This years champ will be always looked down on as not a real title... way not make it a little goofy and get some attention?

The thing that bugs me would be 1 - 16 seeding that gives Toronto a higher seed than the Clippers and removes the Clippers from the Lakers' draw. It looks like changing the rules to favor a couple teams in LA at the expense of the Bucks.

Here is Chris Brousard crowing about how great it would be to make it easier for the Lakers to make the Finals -- 4:00. "It increases the likelihood that Lebron James and the Lakers get into the Finals, and I think we'd all love to see that. And it increases the likelihood of...a Lakers/Clippers Finals. That is tremendous!"

Clear favoritism by the media. I'd be surprised if the owners agree to it.

Just give MEM the spot. Though one couldn't have envisioned a shorter season from the get-go, the race for the 8th spot was going on for quite some time so it's not like they didn't have their chance to catch up.

Yeah, I don't agree. Just do the damn top 8 in each conference by conference. And no regular season.