What's new

Players the Jazz need to go after that we can realistically "acquire"

Jazz don't have a max slot available UNLESS they renounce the rights to Kanter and Booker. It's not about the LT, the Jazz have to fit an offer under the cap. With the emergence of Gobert, I can see the Jazz trading Booker (Favors and Kanter get more time at PF). But I just don't see them giving up on a 22 yr old who is showing real improvement. Not with his size and offensive talent. Jazz need 3 man rotations at the bigs and wings and 2 PG's (or 3 guards and 2 SF's if they have a a combo guard). Gobert, Favors and Kanter are a potentially dominant trio of bigs. Hayward, Burks and Exum give Utah 3 of their 5 at the 1/2/3 spots. Hood might be a 4th. There are several directions Utah can go (SF, SG or a combo guard).

In terms of a FA, I think their best shot might be Demarre Carroll. Either convince him to be a 6th man or promise him a starting position, move Hayward to SG and bring Burks off the bench. Then upgrade at PG by replacing Trey with a "3 and D" player. Perhaps a starter for 1 season who then becomes Dante's backup.

C- Gobert/Kanter
PF - Favors/Kanter/Draft pick
SF - Carroll/Hayward
SG - Hayward/Burks/Hood
PG - Vet (trade or FA)/Exum/Neto or draft pick

I'd like to see us get Kyle O' Quinn and Cory Joseph. Both are restricted and both teams have ample cap space, but may not want to use it on those guys. Kyle would be a great complimentary 3rd big. Cory could replace Burke and hold the bag for Dante until he's ready. Both are youngish vets and are realistic targets.

I like Tobias Harris, but I think as long as he will take even slightly less than max, he will stay in Orlando. Imagine how good Milwaukee would be if they never traded him for a Redick rental.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I say Danny Green...he will be unrestricted free agent next summer...I think he would be great in Quin' system.

I like Tobias Harris, but I think as long as he will take even slightly less than max, he will stay in Orlando. Imagine how good Milwaukee would be if they never traded him for a Redick rental.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

A lot of players often go out to try and land a max deal, and they quickly realize they aren't worth what they think they are. No team in their right mind will offer him a max deal. He's valuable but not to a max extent. If the Jazz wanted to step up, they could land him.

Trade kanter/Burkes/Gs pick for Leonard, then sign Dragic 4 years 55-60 million, then draft best avble big, pick up Bookers option.

Dragic
Hayward
Leonard
Favors
Gobert

Bench
Exum
Burks
Hood
Booker
Lotto pick

Gerald Green. A late bloomer but finally has his 3 point shot going. Not sure how much he is going to demand on the open market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXljP7SkbU

Word has it Denver is blowing it up and may be having a fire sale. Could be an opportunity to grab a player or two. Then again, they may still be sore from the Rudy incident. I know I would be.