What's new

Police Power and Racial Tensions in Ferguson, Missouri

HighlandHomie

The backwards power-holders in Ferguson, MO in the midst of embarrassing themselves after a cop executed an unarmed suspect and left him laying face down dead in the street for four hours. If you're on twitter, check out @AntonioFrench timeline from last several days.

Sigh on so many levels. Sounds like you are more interested in vengeance than justice. More interested in laying blame than fixing the problem. I hope this is not the case.

Another unarmed person shot by police officers at 7-Eleven in SLC yesterday. Sad stories.

The fools that are looting in MO make me smile. Just another reason to raise OneBrow's taxes.

The looting is wrong. So is throwing tear gas into peaceful protests. I understand why the looting occurs. I don't see why throwing tear gas at peaceful protesters is necessary.

The fools that are looting in MO make me smile. Just another reason to raise OneBrow's taxes.

If I lived in Missouri, I'd join a campaign for higher taxes there (I'd support higher taxes where I do live, in Illinois). The lack of state school support is shameful there.

Honest question:

Are the unarmed people being shot have their hands up or are they reaching into their pockets?

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ferguson-police-shooting-08132014-story.html

Second polic shooting in Ferguson. The man is in critical condition.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/12/police-use-tear-gas-on-crowd/
https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article1210097.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-brown-shooting-angry-protests-continue-in-ferguson-missouri/

In regards to using tear gas and rubber bullets... there has been arson, rocks thrown at police, a drive by shooting, looting and vandalism. The use of this force by the police is certainly not justifiable in all cases but this is no longer demonstrations by "peaceful protesters" as indicated by One Brow.

https://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/12/gun-sales-up-across-area/

Gun sales across the St. Louis area have "quadrupled".

Police are not releasing the race or name of the officer due to death threats. The FBI has opened an investigation into the shooting. The officer is on administative leave and him and his family have been moved out of concern for their safety.

Police are not releasing the race or name of the officer due to death threats.

According to the reports, the Ferguson PD has 52 officers on staff. 3 of them are black. The city of Ferguson is 2/3 black. Chances are, PO that shot that man is white

Police are not releasing the race or name of the officer due to death threats. The FBI has opened an investigation into the shooting. The officer is on administative leave and him and his family have been moved out of concern for their safety.

Apparently the activist group Anonymous has the cops name and audio from the police dispatch during the incident and may publish it as early as today.

It looks like they were also messing with the city website and e-mail servers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/13/amid-ferguson-protests-anonymous-hacktivists-wage-cyberwar/

Apparently the activist group Anonymous has the cops name and audio from the police dispatch during the incident and may publish it as early as today.

It looks like they were also messing with the city website and e-mail servers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/13/amid-ferguson-protests-anonymous-hacktivists-wage-cyberwar/

That is very interesting. But to be honest I am not a fan, all that does is potentially put his family at risk.

According to the reports, the Ferguson PD has 52 officers on staff. 3 of them are black. The city of Ferguson is 2/3 black. Chances are, PO that shot that man is white

Then you are right that it is mnore than likely a white P.O. But that was the general assumption (or mine at least)anyways correct?

The looting is wrong. So is throwing tear gas into peaceful protests. I understand why the looting occurs. I don't see why throwing tear gas at peaceful protesters is necessary.

How can you understand one and not the other. This is baffling to me.

If I lived in Missouri, I'd join a campaign for higher taxes there (I'd support higher taxes where I do live, in Illinois). The lack of state school support is shameful there.

Son of a... St. Louis, IL?

Funny how the gun-toting folks who rallied at the Bundy ranch probably walk around Walmart with their shotguns around their backs. Can you imagine if black folks did that? Aside from Mike Brown and Eric Garner's murder by the pigs, John Crawford was shot and killed for picking up a toy at Walmart recently.

A homeless black woman got sentenced to 5 years of prison today because she fraudulently enrolled her child in a different school district so they could have a better education than where she 'lived'. Yet, George Zimmerman is free and these cops that murder civilians are on paid leave (at worst).

Just google the pictures of the militarized police force in Ferguson. It's scary.

It's no secret average, to dumb, humans are cops because all intelligent humans choose different lines of work. Having a dumbass who's given a gun and carte blanche to do as they please is a dangerous combo as urban areas know all too well. If only the pigs in Pleasantville abused their power and white folks had an issue with it would it be bigger news than it is now.

The only humans in the country worse than pigs (violent criminals excluded, that's a given) are the members of the news media.

Funny how the gun-toting folks who rallied at the Bundy ranch probably walk around Walmart with their shotguns around their backs. Can you imagine if black folks did that? Aside from Mike Brown and Eric Garner's murder by the pigs, John Crawford was shot and killed for picking up a toy at Walmart recently.

A homeless black woman got sentenced to 5 years of prison today because she fraudulently enrolled her child in a different school district so they could have a better education than where she 'lived'. Yet, George Zimmerman is free and these cops that murder civilians are on paid leave (at worst).

Just google the pictures of the militarized police force in Ferguson. It's scary.

It's no secret average, to dumb, humans are cops because all intelligent humans choose different lines of work. Having a dumbass who's given a gun and carte blanche to do as they please is a dangerous combo as urban areas know all too well. If only the pigs in Pleasantville abused their power and white folks had an issue with it would it be bigger news than it is now.

The only humans in the country worse than pigs (violent criminals excluded, that's a given) are the members of the news media.

Not that I had any real respect for you prior to this deluge of ignorant stupidity, but I wouldn't piss on you to put out a fire.

Just out of curiosity, when someone breaks into your house, or your child goes missing, who are you planning on calling? I'll answer that for you: the police. Hate the individuals who perpetrate those ugly abuses of power, but don't roll every cop into the same load of horse ****. People with your mindset make me sick.

For all of the cops out there who put their *** on the line every day for me, my family, and even the worthless *** wipes like HighlandHomo, I give you my thanks and best wishes. Much respect to you for doing a job that the vast majority of us don't have the balls and courage to do. (That includes me)

Ferguson PD is blacking out all media coverage, and going to war on peaceful protesters. Things won't end well for the pigs involved. Hopefully this ignites a nationwide movement to reform the power structure in the society.

Just out of curiosity, when someone breaks into your house, or your child goes missing, who are you planning on calling? I'll answer that for you: the police. Hate the individuals who perpetrate those ugly abuses of power, but don't roll every cop into the same load of horse ****. People with your mindset make me sick.

For all of the cops out there who put their *** on the line every day for me, my family, and even the worthless *** wipes like HighlandHomo, I give you my thanks and best wishes. Much respect to you for doing a job that the vast majority of us don't have the balls and courage to do. (That includes me)

That was a very cute self-righteous rant. Did you have God Bless America playing in the background while you typed that out? Of course, I'd call the police if that happened - their job is to serve and protect the communities that pay their salaries. If you support the Ferguson PD one iota - or any of the police governing that area/county/state - you are as dangerous as the pigs who gun down unarmed civilians.

Militarization of police in this country is a real problem. The killing of Mike Brown, and what transpired after in Ferguson will go down as a critical historical event - or if it passes by following another big news story than we're all ****ed.