What's new

Portland

sonofthebigdog

Is down 3-0 to NO and the Blazers got blown out last night. Speculation in Portland is that Paul Allen is going to blow the team up and start over. Perhaps there could be a really talented player like Dame or CJ McOllum up for grabs.

Or......

The Chief

Al-Farouq Aminu!!!!!

It happened when he was on the Mavs it's happened a few times now when he's on the trailblazers, their stars don't show up in a playoff series and Aminu plays the best on the whole team..

He shot 37% from 3 on 5 attempts per game, and IMO fits Utah in a need capacity in a major way because he is versatile as hell... He's a plus defender and rebounder at the 3 4 and 5

The consensus in that draftee's thread is they want some type of 3/4.... This is that dude.... he's one of those old young dudes like Rubio too, born in the 90's, hes still just 27.

Excellent teammate, excellent lockerroom guy, far from an idiot. He'd fit in seamlessly here, im certain.

Last edited:
Problem is Nurkic and Napier are RFA's and Allen is committed 50+ mil to Dame and CJ.

And he's is stuck with two bloated, untradeable multi year contracts in Leonard and Turner who are due almost 29 mil combined next year. Good luck "blowing up" that pile of manure.

Aminu is probably low of the list of dumps - he has a very reasonable, expiring deal.

It sounds like Dame and CJ might be the first ones out the door. It's the old adage that they are smallish guards and we can't win playoff games with that.

Problem is Nurkic and Napier are RFA's and Allen is committed 50+ mil to Dame and CJ.

And he's is stuck with two bloated, untradeable multi year contracts in Leonard and Turner who are due almost 29 mil combined next year. Good luck "blowing up" that pile of manure.

Aminu is probably low of the list of dumps - he has a very reasonable, expiring deal.
If Allen wanted to blow it up, Dame and CJ will fetch a ton of value in trade value. It'd be very possible to unload the bloat as part of any deal.

I think they'd trade Dame and play CJ at the point if they could get a decent small forward or something out of him. I would think that Dame has way more trade value than anything we'd be able to offer.

I think they could trade CJ if the right deal came along... they nailed FA in the Aminu Ed Davis year then got too cocky and started handing out contracts like effing Oprah hands out cars.

The Turner deal is the death knell.

They are headed into the tax and need to hit a home run on a pick if they want to raise the ceiling of this team.

They’d get more for Dame but not sure they’d get enough to make up the difference in skill. I’d move CJ if I was them and could get a big improvement to the front court. Neither guy will be maximized playing together.

If I'm the Spurs, I'm calling to gauge Portland's interest on a Kawhi for Lillard swap.

This sounds crazy but if I’m Portland and all the weird **** going on with Kawhi.... I wouldn’t do that deal.

I’m like 90% sure that if he’s not on the spurs next year that he will be a laker.

I do think that deal would make sense if it weren’t for the nonsense surrounding Leonard.

They're not trading Dame - he's a legit star and a solid citizen. Allen would be nuts to let him go.

They might trade CJ. Not sure what good he'd do Utah - they have a rookie SG who is showing a lot of promise.

Al Farouq Aminu is a career 43% 3pt shooter in the playoffs!! This is a big game player.... 50 out of 117 in 23 games..

Look at his damn playoff stats!!!! the Jazz are a playoff team!!!

13.3 ppg, 8.1rebs 1 stl 1 block..

Thats an incredible uptick from his career stats...

I always knew this kid had heart.

big players make big plays in big games.. End of story.. I bet his stats are even better in elimination games...

Look at this ****, this is called rising to the occasion.

He's also grabbed 20 rebounds in an NBA game. The Jazz have an extremely healthy core, this player is an awesome complementary piece. Guess i don't really need to say this but I've been vouching for him for years and i've been spot on.... I recall a thread years back where people were piling on about how he couldn't shoot and I was the lone voice saying he could, turns out he can, that high arching trajectory almost reminds me of Derrick Fisher's shot....

Last edited:
If Allen wanted to blow it up, Dame and CJ will fetch a ton of value in trade value. It'd be very possible to unload the bloat as part of any deal.
It sounds like Allen wanted to blow it up half way through the season and can the coach and go into full tank mode but was talked out of it by Dame. It might be time for coach and GM to say bye and have the liquidation sale.

It sounds like Allen wanted to blow it up half way through the season and can the coach and go into full tank mode but was talked out of it by Dame. It might be time for coach and GM to say bye and have the liquidation sale.

I don’t think that was what the meeting was about at all... I recall it being Dame saying “where are we headed” and Dame requested the meeting. I believe the comical thing that came out of it was Dame wondering why they got rid of will Barton

They're not trading Dame - he's a legit star and a solid citizen. Allen would be nuts to let him go.

They might trade CJ. Not sure what good he'd do Utah - they have a rookie SG who is showing a lot of promise.

I think it could work better here because DM plays defense and we have a defensive anchor. I think CJ could guard pgs better than sgs. It’s not a perfect fit though and I don’t think I’d give up what they need to do the deal... we aren’t a great trade partner for them.

I love Lillard, but if he's traded what would we be willing to part with that would meet Portland's demand? CJ is great but DM has a way higher ceiling and is playing the same spot. Aminu would be a smart pickup though.
I'm more surprised at how badly this series has looked for Portland

I love Lillard, but if he's traded what would we be willing to part with that would meet Portland's demand? CJ is great but DM has a way higher ceiling and is playing the same spot. Aminu would be a smart pickup though.
I'm more surprised at how badly this series has looked for Portland

I think Aminu is one of the last guys they’d trade. Cost effective deal and not sure they get anything of note because only one year left.

We can’t get Dame... not trading DM or Rudy... nothing else is good enough.

They may try to unload Harkless... Leonard is available as is Turner... gonna have to give up serious draft compensation to offload one of those dudes.

They are in a tight spot... trading harkless for cash considerations likely pisses of Dame... not re-signing the three FAs likely does to.

Lillard also plays hero ball and no defense, so yeah.

You are right tho. He is a fan favorite and a good dude overall. The smartest move is probably trading CJ, who is also a wildly overrated ball dancer.

I don't want to pollute this Portland thread too much, but the other team that's coming apart is Minnesota. KAT is looking like a mess under Thibs in the playoffs and Wiggins hasn't developed well either. I thought Minnesota was going to be perhaps a threat once GS and Houston start declining -- I don't worry about that anymore.

Of course, the Lakers look like they're going after Kawhi and they have the ammo to do it -- Kuzma or Ingram. Then they can pair him up with Paul George or LeBron.