What's new

Positives for the Jazz

oldtimer

1. Hayward is proving folks like myself wrong. I was sure; I was positive; I had absolutely no doubt that Hayward could not play defense in the NBA. I guess this is why I am not a GM or scout. Hayward's defense is his best feature. His steals and blocks last night were awesome. Now his confidence was shaken early in the season as I saw him pass up wide open looks. Last night I was wishing he would shoot more. Keep it up because he looks like a keeper.

2. Favors is the man. I love watching him dunk on other bigs. He brings power to his position. He could be great if he works on his footwork in the post and develops a go-to move to the basket. Here is hoping that he works hard in the off-season and comes back ready to dominate.

3. Two lottery picks in the draft. Everyone pray for luck in the draft and maybe we can get a top 3 pick.

4. Evans is surprising. Evan's doesn't have a great jump shot, but he is so explosive off the ground I wonder if he could learn to play Small Forward. I would try Evans at small forward before I tried to move Paul.

5. Tradeable assets. In my opinion the Jazz have several very tradeable assets. Jefferson, Paul, Okur, Harris even Bell could all be on the market for the right price. Jefferson or Paul could bring huge returns.

In my opinion Paul has the most trade value. He is on a good contract and he is a valuable asset. I would only trade him if offered a very good deal.

Jefferson has a big contract, but he has returned to form from his injury and is showing that he is a real offensive threat. Its nice to just pass the ball to Jefferson and let him score. More and more teams are doubling him and if he ever learns to pass to the open cutter he would be an allstar.

Okur will be on an expiring deal next year and teams will be lining up to take on that contract if the CBA negotiations go as expected.

Harris was wanted by Portland, Dallas and few other teams that were trying to steal him at the trade dead line. We could get very good player in exchange for Harris.

Bell also has trade value. Most are thinking a box of chocolates, but Bell is a veteran who could come off the bench for championship type teams, such as the fakers, Celtics, Thunder, etc. and provide defense and leadership. Lets hope that KOC is active and ready to play lets make a deal.

Don't get to down on the Jazz when they lose most if not all the remaining games this year. I think there is light at the end of tunnel and in the mean time just enjoy watching the young guys and hope we play hard every night.

Nice post. I agree with a lot of what you said. However, I think Raja's poor season has diminished his trade value. He is more like a throw in now instead of having much trade value.

If the Jazz hit homeruns with their draft picks then I think this team can be extremely good in a few years. I think the future looks bright. I am especially excited about watching Favors, Hayward, Evans and our other two draft picks play.

Nice post. I agree with a lot of what you said. However, I think Raja's poor season has diminished his trade value. He is more like a throw in now instead of having much trade value.

If the Jazz hit homeruns with their draft picks then I think this team can be extremely good in a few years. I think the future looks bright. I am especially excited about watching Favors, Hayward, Evans and our other two draft picks play.

I'm fairly certain the Jazz can get a pick in the 50s for Raja Bell.

Bell has two more years guaranteed. After the year he has had it might be easier said than done find a taker unless Utah had to take someone else's headache back in return.

Not saying it's impossible; but there's little room in this league for SG's who can't hit an open shot any more.

Good post.

Except for trade value.

Bell = negative

Okur = negative (trade deadline is different)

Evans = Dropped if we take 2 draft picks