What's new

Prediction thread: How many points does Ingles average per game?

how many ppg for Ingles in 2018-2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he should average around 14 ppg. He's a complementary scorer for the most part, though I'm sure the team wants him to be aggressive in looking for his 3-pt shot. He could also average around 5 rebounds and 5 assists, somewhere near what Hayward was averaging for rebounds and assists.

Rudy should be in the 16 ppg range with the number of rim rolls he takes. Plus, he seems to be shooting his FTs better.

15.5 It was just so great and so apparent how well he understand his team and what it needs from him these days. I can't remember him playing that aggressive offensively since his first couple of pro seasons here

I'm guessing 14. He just doesnt look to score consistently enough or get to the FT line (at all) to go over 15. Even last night he had 17 in the first half then just scored 5 in the 2nd.

You can tell Ingles really turns up his aggressiveness scoring when the team is going through a rough patch, then he dials it way back in favor of playmaking when the team is in a rhythm and defenses are playing him tighter.

This. I said under 14. Gun to my head and I’d guess 13.1.

Mitchell, Gobert, Exum, Burks, Royce. They could all score more this year. I’d guess Favors, Rubio (based off of one whopping game and my gut), and maybe Ingles score less. But he was at 11.5 last year and I think he surpasses that. But not by 2.6 more points per game.

Three 3-pt shots (9 ppg), 2 free-throws (1.6 ppg at 80% ft%), and 2 more 2-pt conversions (4 ppg). So that would be 14.6 ppg.He's averaged 2.6 3-pt makes on 6 attempts per game in pre-season. So maybe that's more realistic.

He needs 10 - 12 attempts per game to net 14 ppg.

Last edited:
I think he should average around 14 ppg. He's a complementary scorer for the most part, though I'm sure the team wants him to be aggressive in looking for his 3-pt shot. He could also average around 5 rebounds and 5 assists, somewhere near what Hayward was averaging for rebounds and assists.

Rudy should be in the 16 ppg range with the number of rim rolls he takes. Plus, he seems to be shooting his FTs better.

I think he's more than just complimentary as we saw last night. One of the national writers did an article on him and said more of the offense was through him than anyone else on the team. I dont remember the exact metric but I was impressed. If anyone has that article please link it again.

I think he's more than just complimentary as we saw last night. One of the national writers did an article on him and said more of the offense was through him than anyone else on the team. I dont remember the exact metric but I was impressed. If anyone has that article please link it again.

That's fair. Actually, in last night's game he played a role like Hayward during Hayward's best season.

hmmm I think you and Cy are wrong, I think it will be slightly higher than that, I think Joe would have gone close to 13 to 14 last year but he played injured in November or December from memory, I think he'll slightly improve on his playoff numbers this year.

I would say 18 pts per game. Pace around the league is about 10% faster so his (and others') scoring is going to be higher too.

hmmm I think you and Cy are wrong, I think it will be slightly higher than that, I think Joe would have gone close to 13 to 14 last year but he played injured in November or December from memory, I think he'll slightly improve on his playoff numbers this year.
The Jazz have more scoring talent this year, so I don't see why Joe's scoring would increase that much.

The Jazz have more scoring talent this year, so I don't see why Joe's scoring would increase that much.

The team will look for the 3 more I reckon this season and I reckon they'll run more plays for Joe, also the pick and roll and lobs to Rudy will create more chances for him to score in the lane. Joe as always will pick his moments and take what the defence gives him. 15 to 17 seems to be somewhere in the neighborhood I expect him in.

The team will look for the 3 more I reckon this season and I reckon they'll run more plays for Joe, also the pick and roll and lobs to Rudy will create more chances for him to score in the lane. Joe as always will pick his moments and take what the defence gives him. 15 to 17 seems to be somewhere in the neighborhood I expect him in.
17 ppg is practically impossible. He just never gets to the FT line.

I looked it up: I took Ingles highest season free throw rate (this has shown no sign of improving) and looked for anyone who had that same free throw rate or lower who averaged 17 ppg in the NBA.

https://www.basketball-reference.co..._fga_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=.151&order_by=player

He just doesnt shoot enough. He would probably have to shoot, at minimum, 13 times per game to average 17 points.

The most shots he has ever averaged per game for a month is 11 and he averaged 14.7 points in that month.