What's new

Private forums

freakazoid

Ok, so I just tried to access the ugli forum. Instead of bringing up the password screen like it used to, it brought up a thread I started years ago in that forum, and when I tried to open it, it just said I couldn't access it.

There is a thing where you can ask permission to join 3 other forums, but apparently no way to get into the ugli forum now.

I was in there not long before the site change, and it's not very active, but I wanted to see what's happened since.

Private forums behave differently now, like you saw. You have to be approved by the forum owner. As for Ugli, he’s MIA and never responded as a result to my request to make this change so ... that forum is dead. I guess we could explore another contributor owning it and doing the approvals if we want to resurrect the content. But that’s the current state. PKMs forum is the same way. Inactive contributors aren’t here to approve people.

Private forums behave differently now, like you saw. You have to be approved by the forum owner. As for Ugli, he’s MIA and never responded as a result to my request to make this change so ... that forum is dead. I guess we could explore another contributor owning it and doing the approvals if we want to resurrect the content. But that’s the current state. PKMs forum is the same way. Inactive contributors aren’t here to approve people.