What's new

proposed trade for Harrison Barnes.

Some neutral fans pitch in on the trade:

Warriors should take that and run. Utah shouldn't even think about it until after the lottery drawing.

This is entirely too much for Barnes, with only one more year on his rookie deal. A top 10 lotto pick? Seems entirely too much.
You're ripping your own team on this one.

Barnes does not hold anywhere near that value.
That's actually another Jazz fan:
Thats an overpay for Barnes. He's not even part of GSW's future core.

Warriors fan:
I like it for the Warriors.

It seems like the consensus is that it's an overpay for Barnes. We might have to adjust a bit.

How about OKC 2017 + GSW 2017?

Some neutral fans pitch in on the trade:

That's actually another Jazz fan:

Warriors fan:

It seems like the consensus is that it's an overpay for Barnes. We might have to adjust a bit.

How about OKC 2017 + GSW 2017?

I'm not giving up the GSW pick... we all look at that as the 30th pick in the draft but it has a chance to be a good pick. A lot can happen in between now and then.

Didn't we have Harrison Barnes for a couple years? Went by a different name, then. Why he changed from Marvin Williams to Harrison Barnes, I'll never know.

I absolutely hate Barnes. He's just so awkward. For a wing, he has almost no handle or ability to penetrate. He's also not a particularly great shooter. That's not a good combo. That's a little bit of hyperbole but you get the point.

Didn't we have Harrison Barnes for a couple years? Went by a different name, then. Why he changed from Marvin Williams to Harrison Barnes, I'll never know.
Excellent point. Seems like we can pick up players like that for the MLE. Look at the value we got with Booker.

I'd probably drop a couple of future picks for Barnes, he'd instantly be our best shooter and he has the tools to be better (still only 22 years old). I think in general people have given up on him way too early, I don't think he'll be a superstar at any point, but I think he could be more than solid still.

in the draft thread there has been a lot of talk about trading the pick, based on DL's comments about trading the pick for a vet. I went through all the teams and Barnes actually makes a lot of sense.

gsw is going to be way over the tax. they have to sign green and Thompson this offseason and that will put them in the tax even after the tax goes up. gsw might lose Barnes for nothing but with a lotto pick this year they can start grooming some one else.

this would make the jazz a lot more competitive. it would move Hayward to the 2 where he is more dominate.

exum, Burke, Andrew Harrison (yes jazz will draft him in the second round)
Hayward, burks
Barnes, hood, ingles
favors, booker
Gobert, pleiss and or tomic

You do know that is still not a playoff team in the west right????

We should have had Barnes the year of the most blatant tank job ever.

We also would have had Barnes if he had not decided to stay another year in college. He was widely considered the 3rd pick in the draft that ended up being Kanter.

I dont want to trade a lotto pick for him, ill take the crap shoot of the draft! Put it all on red!

We should have had Barnes the year of the most blatant tank job ever.

We also would have had Barnes if he had not decided to stay another year in college. He was widely considered the 3rd pick in the draft that ended up being Kanter.

I dont want to trade a lotto pick for him, ill take the crap shoot of the draft! Put it all on red!
He would have gone second overall had he declared that year.