What's new

Quotes from around the league about Rudy getting tossed-"Treated cup like it was a layup attempt"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner

lmao that a boy Rudith

Darth Goberth

The French connection got steam

I find it amusing that everyone thought he wouldn't bulk up when he came into the league. He's one of my favorite players.

And this is why the NBA is the most fun league to follow.

He’s showing the league the jazz can whoop *** even without Rudy. I see you.

Jazz team is the most unselfish one in the nba. No one is needed, they are the only team capable to win without one between Favors, Rudy, Donovan and Joe. I bet my *** they still can win a game without 2 of those..but winning by 30 loosing Gobert in the first period.. It's a great team sign. I love jazz team, really an european built like. No one needed, next man up

Lebron’s been throwing powder everywhere for years and Rudy gets in trouble for one ceremonial water throw.

TIL bitchslapping water unto the court is ceremonial

he just showing ros how he spanks the booty

Followed by broadcasting his bare bronzed body ;)

That slapping form was ****ing amazing

He used his hips like he was swinging for the fences

He was trying to baptize James Harden, to absolve him from his flopping sins

Relatively new fan of the NBA and the Jazz. Holy **** I love this man

Quin looked like he was going to murder the refs

he has resting murderface.

His entire life is like the second half of American Psycho.

“bitch *** cup!”

Treated that cup like it was a layup attempt lmao

He slapped it the same way I imagine Squidward would slap a cup if he were mad

He had Jazz hands

Looks like refs sending a message after he criticized them.

Weakest 2 early fouls I've ever seen.

All it does is validate everything he complained about

It's annoying that the refs aren't held accountable for **** reffing

I’m at the game. Every single fan in the stadium was booing and yelling “ref you suck” for about 5 minutes after that. It was deafening for a bit

No ****, Gobert deserves way more respect than that weak *** ****.

cup was probably harder to knock over than harden.

A cup of water was sacrificed for this win

1-0 when a cup of water gets murdered

The Jazz just treated the Rockets like Rudy treated that cup

Chris Paul got shut down by Epke Udoh on the perimeter. Oh how the turntables

That was holy water gobert splashed all over our bench

What the ****!! Gobert gets ejected in minute 2, Mitchell scores just 6 and Korver scores 0 points in the game and Rockets still lose? Oh man, they are really in trouble aren't they?

The Jazz did us all a favors and jingled the **** outta Houston.

Who got smacked harder, the cup or the Rockets?

Refs were atrocious.

This is 100% this year's version of Rudy's "We will be fine"

Ekpe Udoh 11 points on 5/6 shooting.

Derrick Favours top scorer for the Utah Jazz.

Pure domination by the Jazz without their DPOY center. Sweet jesus

Getting rid of Melo after like 8 games in a panic is looking really bad now. Dude would legit be their best bench player right now

Getting rid of Melo after like 8 games in a panic is looking really bad now. Dude would legit be their best bench player right now

whats with the rockets running straight to the locker room right after every game

Because they just ****ing got blown out and embarrassed but one of their oldest rivals. Idk why everyone thinks you have to be buddy buddy after every game. What so you want our guys to do, go out and say "hey congrats on ****ing wrecking our anus tonight" ?

Back to back solid Jingle-ings.. I could really get used to this!

The score doesn’t fairly reflect the kind of humiliating beat down that Rockets received tonight.

James Harden with 7 TOs, only 3 FT attempts, and -27 on the night. Rockets suck hard right now and I love it

As is Ekpe Udoh ended up swallowing Chris Paul on switches

Gotta suspend these refs. They had it out for him and were not calling the game, just trying to send some ******** message. Call a foul one second into the game for nothing? Get the **** outta here.

legit every jazz fan was rudy in that moment lmao

Absolutely unacceptable that the refs went in the game with the intention of targeting a certain player. Less than a second into the game, weren’t even subtle about it. If I’m Utah I file a complaint to the league.

The ref doing the tips face is what makes this for me, You can tell he's like wtf did you just call from the other side of the court.

They probably won't need to, looking at Quinn's face I imagine that referee will be taking a long leave of absence....

I get that refs need to be held up as not perfect and to have some authority, but they ABSOLUTELY need a way of being held accountable. Almost every job is held accountable and people can reprimanded/fired for dismal performance. What makes refs above that?

That water slap was hilarious to me. I don't know why but it just seemed like he was so proud of his slap he held the form for a split second (like when you drain a 3-pointer) at the end. You're used to seeing these guys so smooth on the court, then he looked Napoleon Dynamite-esque with that slap. Must have been expecting more water and more weight, lol

Quinn Snyder still ****ing scares me. I can’t have that dude barking anywhere near me lmao

I have been watching basketball since the late 60s and I have never seen a foul called on a jump ball especially at the start of the game. The second foul was a vintage flop by the king of floppers Harden. If the league has any credibility they will wave the technical on Rudy and fine Harden for flopping. I know it isn't going to happen. I believe Rudy was targeted to send a message. It was nice to see the team come together and mash the Rockets. I never get tired of seeing the Jazz beat the Rockets.

"cup was probably harder to knock over than harden."

tenor.gif