What's new

Quotes from around the NBA on Gobert's block of Jokic's hook shot

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner

My man just slapped it like it was Ben Simmons’ face.

Knicks- DPOY blocking MVP, which leads to 6MOY three

Man I don't even like Gobert but that was one of the filthiest and most difficult blocks I've seen.

Warriors- Is that the closest move we’ve seen to a sky hook?

Spurs- Rudy DPOY

What usually happens when the mvp plays the dpoy in nba history?

Jazz- When the unstoppable MVP meets the immovable DPOY

Lakers- They look like the have hella fans there ?...

Celtics- Nuggets Jazz is always fun.

Raptors- Gobert's footwork for his size is crazy

Warriors- yowza that's a lot of fans at that game

Lakers- Simmons has left the chat.

Nuggets- Ngl that's a sick play. Like, the frame where it happened looks like it could make for a pretty amazing photo if caught from the sideline or baseline

76ers- The title made me think he got his fingers on a floater and slightly altered the shot... But god damn, he just obliterated a hook from the mvp

Nuggets- A shot that is damn near unblockable. Unreal play from the DPOY right here.

The Stifle Tower meeting The Joker at the apex of a hook shot is incredible

Nuggets- Real time I was out of my seat screaming "how is that not a foul" after Jokic ends up on his ***. Then they show the replay, and I changed my tune to "oh **** Gobert just made the play of the game and probably just won his team the game right there, well played".

All I need is more Nuggets/Jazz in my life, every one of these games takes a few days off my life I think, but it is worth it.

Supersonics- Every game between these two teams is an emotional experience. The best offensive center vs the best defensive center. Tonight in addition to that it was Bogdonovic/Clarkson vs MPJ/Rivers. No matter who suits up these teams are an awesome watch. I understand the playoffs implications but the idea of bouncing this game off of national television is ridiculous

Nuggets- I so wanted that to be a foul…it wasn’t.

GG Jazz.

Nuggets- I know this is weird to say, but can we take a second to appreciate how well officiated this game was? There were a few missed calls in both directions (there always will be a couple), but overall the refs got nearly everything right, even things that from the TV angle looked like fouls in real time.

I absolutely love games like this where I completely forget about the refs entirely. Where their net impact on the game is basically zero.

OMG! Filthy!! Gobert blocked that so hard, Jokic entered the nether realm.

Nuggets- I've never seen jokic's right hook shot blocked, and not like that. Man GG fun game

Heat- It was like seeing Giannis block KD’s fadeaway, that **** ain’t ever happened before

Jazz- I've never seen a sky hook from a legit C blocked ever.... just incredible play from Rudy.

Jazz- To be fair, I doubt there’s a player in the league that even can make this block besides Rudy. Jokic’s release is just so high he can ignore 99.9% of defenders.

Nuggets- Crazy block, idk if I've ever seen Joker's hook get blocked before.

Nuggets- Damn it’s really not even half full? Looks like it’s at least half full even more seems like there’s so many people in there.

Lakers- im watching the wrong game

76ers- ESPN is showing the wrong game.

Raptors- That was a ferocious block, my god

Who stole Gobert's cookies?

Bro that block could break a normal persons hand! It was ridiculous

Supersonics- That was a block on a hook shot too... you don’t see that too often especially when the other player is a huge skilled 7 footer...

Nuggets- No joke that right there was the game winner. Jokic was 9/10 from the field at that point in a tight game, you know that is going in if he gets it off the way he was playing tonight. Gobert makes the play and Clarkson finishes it, and while we had a little run to give us a shot towards the end we never really recovered from this sequence.

Hell of a game that one. All I want is another playoff series between these teams, the games are just too damn good.

How ESPN didn't learn this lesson last summer is beyond me, regardless of Lakers' audience draw.
Audience draw is literally the only thing that matters to them and to the league. The Lakers could be in the running for the worst record in the history of the league but if the ESPN analytics says there was a bump in their viewership they would take priority.

Nuggets- Real time I was out of my seat screaming "how is that not a foul" after Jokic ends up on his ***. Then they show the replay, and I changed my tune to "oh **** Gobert just made the play of the game and probably just won his team the game right there, well played".

All I need is more Nuggets/Jazz in my life, every one of these games takes a few days off my life I think, but it is worth it.
550bb276284fe3b032f2b2d44d61221f.gif

How do you not love Nuggets fans?

Supersonics- Every game between these two teams is an emotional experience. The best offensive center vs the best defensive center. Tonight in addition to that it was Bogdonovic/Clarkson vs MPJ/Rivers. No matter who suits up these teams are an awesome watch. I understand the playoffs implications but the idea of bouncing this game off of national television is ridiculous

Living in the 90s......