What's new

Quotes from the Buck's forum-"butler could win rookie of the year if he had the right team. literally wtf with this kid"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Pre Game

Can never beat Utah in Utah.

We’re going to get destroyed from 3 running our base defense against the Jazz. But in the time without Gobert we might score 70 in the paint.

1st Half

Feel like the Jazz always play like the best team in the NBA against us. Just banging 3s..

Fastbreak fouls should be punished by death

Jazz always got the shooting boost against us. Even Rudy is canning middies.

Gobert elbows Brook and gets the call refs already in playoff form

Why aren’t the Jazz going to Rudy more in the paint especially on mismatches? I thought they would after the playoffs/Olympics.

Why’s Bojan hate us so much lol.

Oh, and the next call NBA needs to fix?

STOP ALLOWING INTENTIONAL FAST BREAK FOULS

If a team intentionally fouls to stop a fast break, either just don't call it, or make it 2 FTs and the ball. Hell, make it 3 FTs. Stopping fun fast breaks because you ****ed up on defense shouldn't be saved by hacking when the ball is flying down the court and your frustrated *** isn't past half court.

Quinn Snyder looking more and more like a Tim Burton character

Utah looks good

Don’t know what George hill is doing but it ain’t basketball

That announcer trying to say Mamu's name sounded like he was having a stroke

Thurl Bailey totally hosts a Quiet Storm night on the urban format Salt Lake City terrestrial radio station.

Utah could win a ring with their play style but I feel they’re too dependent on good but not great shooters getting up 5-8 3’s a night and I feel a handful of their guys had career years shooting because of the no crowd thing.

2nd Half

Who's that Butler guy on the Jazz?

Butler looks like a steal

Is it just me or does the Jazz coach look like a villain from a made-for-tv kids movie

Jazz have a deep f***ing team.

Wow, this team keeps attacking thanasis with their #33.

Even in the pre season lol we can’t win in Utah for like 20 years wild, oh well bucks in six lives on

this butler kid we could have drafted instead of the middle eastern guys?

butler could win rookie of the year if he had the right team. literally wtf with this kid

uthas young guys vs our young guys are like the athletic guys vs the construction workers

Post Game

Went to the game I think both teams played really well. But both teams have a little bit more work to do! But overall fun game to watch.

Guys the starters played really well. Giannis shot actually i cant believe it but looks smoother form to me.

We literally played the water boys for half the game. We look good

Guys the starters played really well. Giannis shot actually i cant believe it but looks smoother form to me.

We never win in Utah… Last win was 2001.. Thats crazy

It's crazy how much better our starters were compared to their starters.

it's preseason so I don't care if bucks lose clearly they just let the jazz win this game.

the jazz won though

We never win in Utah… Last win was 2001.. Thats crazy
Is this true? Because I remember when they had Ray Allen, GR and Cassell and I thought we could never beat them. I probably felt that way the last time they won here. Would have never guessed we’d get a good 20 years (if that wasn’t hyperbole).

Is this true? Because I remember when they had Ray Allen, GR and Cassell and I thought we could never beat them. I probably felt that way the last time they won here. Would have never guessed we’d get a good 20 years (if that wasn’t hyperbole).
Malone and Stockton were on the team the last time the Jazz lost to the Bucks in Utah.

On January 27, 1990 in SLC, Malone scored a career-high 61 points in a 144–96 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks. He made 21 of 26 field goals and 19 of 23 free throws in 32 minutes.

I was at this game. KM would have got 80+ if he played 40 mins.

On January 27, 1990 in SLC, Malone scored a career-high 61 points in a 144–96 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks. He made 21 of 26 field goals and 19 of 23 free throws in 32 minutes.

Iirc, it was the first game after he was snubbed for the All Stars. Was out to prove a point.

I hope we give Butler a chance to at least compete for the ROY somewhat. Would be cool to see us nab another Donovan-esque player and see him develop right in front of our eyes. Mainly because it's harder to see right behind your eyes.

But let's be real. Simmons will win the ROY. He'll be the first player to win it 3 times!

He has won it twice already, right?

I hope we give Butler a chance to at least compete for the ROY somewhat. Would be cool to see us nab another Donovan-esque player and see him develop right in front of our eyes. Mainly because it's harder to see right behind your eyes.

But let's be real. Simmons will win the ROY. He'll be the first player to win it 3 times!

He has won it twice already, right?
Don't forget Defensive Player of the Year! With a defensive stance like this, he can't lose!

Zf-6k7hqNxGyOIBMZ7ITUvTBXn3itz6NivGTwB_51jJRWiANbVOIB6tIX8UzVEUQ1xtRXh1OR2CWPjDxMfpFUBw88U6NlhLSZzjjinYghYp2jeKzSxOFbsuvt67Tx1sZOoeHOdgeAeY

Uhmm MIL played their starters and rotation players WAY more than the Jazz played theirs. Well maybe not way more but more. Also the Jazz held out 2 rotational players in Ingles and Gay so in the 2nd half no Jazz starter played and Clarkson and Whiteside were the only 2 established rotational players to lay (Paschall and Butler could be though).

Point being the Jazz bench stayed within shouting distance despite MIL still playing their starters to start the 3rd Qtr.

Feel like the Jazz always play like the best team in the NBA against us. Just banging 3s..

I mean I guess they did eventual mention Giannis but MIL was also hot from 3 and Giannis was absolutely on fire from outside and mid range.

Uhmm MIL played their starters and rotation players WAY more than the Jazz played theirs. Well maybe not way more but more. Also the Jazz held out 2 rotational players in Ingles and Gay so in the 2nd half no Jazz starter played and Clarkson and Whiteside were the only 2 established rotational players to lay (Paschall and Butler could be though).

Point being the Jazz bench stayed within shouting distance despite MIL still playing their starters to start the 3rd Qtr.

I mean I guess they did eventual mention Giannis but MIL was also hot from 3 and Giannis was absolutely on fire from outside and mid range.
Exactly haha. What game were they watching? Their main guys got a lot more second half burn.

I was at that game, too. Malone was out of his mind. I seem to recall that Mike Brown and Jose Ortiz also had good games. It was like a career night for Ortiz, I actually had hope that he would become a player after that game. How’d that work out?

I was looking at Butler's salary and noticed we only have him under contract for two years? How do we keep him if he's an unrestricted free agent? If he blows up he will want a larger role. As well we don't exactly have a lot of financial flexibility over the next 3 years.