What's new

Reasons to like sports figures

Jazz Spazz

Inconceivable
Staff member
I think it would be nice to have a thread about some sports figures and the cool things they do for people/society.

I'll start us off.

I like this thread.

My dad always make fun of Florida State football players and at times, jokingly, calls them criminals.

But there are three ex-Seminoles who are either seemingly great human beings and/or fascinating to me.

Warrick Dunn—Look up the charitable stuff he’s done. So awesome. Built so many homes for so many people. Plus his mom was a cop and shot and killed his senior year of HS so my heart’s always aches for him.

Myron Rolle— Rhodes Scholar. Would’ve been a 1st or 2nd round pick but teams knew he didn’t really want to pursue football. Currently working as a neurosurgery resident at Harvard Massachusetts Hospital. His love for science goes back to when he was a kid.

Dan Kendra—The greatest athlete in their team’s history imo. Not as feelgood as it is interesting to see someone who was such a self-starter, focused, and into true health and activity and learning about it at such a young age. A true specimen.

https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2...dra-profile-florida-state-football-recruiting

Years ago I was kayaking the Provo river with a friend. We came upon a scout troop frantically searching for a boy who had disappeared under a bridge. My friend and I were able to climb under the bridge and discover the boy under the water. He was wrapped around a log. We got the log out and he floated out with it. We did CPR and an ambulance arrived shortly afterward, but sadly, the boy could not be resuscitated. The bottom line is that the Provo can be a really dangerous river.