What's new

Recent trade as microcosm for Utah Jazz culture

Jose_Ortiz_fan

After a week building up to today, I feel completely deflated. Kanter is gone, which is great, but many of us plebs are left wondering, "OK where did this get us? Are we any better off now than a day ago? And do they actually sell minikegs of Coors Light? Who would truly buy that ****?"

There are a million threads about the trade, so I want to generate a discussion that will bring fresh material to the surface about the Jazz. What does this recent trade say about the culture of the Utah Jazz, from top to bottom? I think it's a statement of financial conservatism, as well as one that speaks to the community aspect of being a Utah Jazzman. It's also a wholly boring and makes for a coma-inducing trade-deadline day. But that's just how that Jazz roll, nawmsayin...?

Utah Jazz culture comes from the top, back in the day with LHM and now his special ladyfriend Gail, their inept Affliction-shirt wearing son (the boyking), and the savvy marketing team that knows its audience. Sometimes I get frustrated with how goddamn pell-mell this team's FO plays it, but then I remember where I'm from and pause silently in thought. We're a gentle, passive people. Choose the right, be a good person, help your neighbor. All that garble. Then I still get mad because today's trade reopened wounds from previous (awful) trades and contract mismanagement that blemishes the FO's history.

Having grown up, steeped in the local culture that sprung forth what we're seeing in today's front office, I have a differentl perspective from some of you. What are your thoughts about the connection between Utah and, well...the Jazz? (particularly as it relates to boring-*** trades and the lack of power to draw outside interests as free agents)

-Jose

hqdefault.jpg

In my experience, Lebanese women are crazy af...fiery. They basically grow up French in a Muslim world, so they are very independent, passionate, and will cut your ****ing throat if you cross them. But so hawt...

In my experience, Lebanese women are crazy af...fiery. They basically grow up French in a Muslim world, so they are very independent, passionate, and will cut your ****ing throat if you cross them. But so hawt...

Never been there but I'll take your word for it my man