What's new

Reminder: Joel Bolomboy is a free agent

whatthe

He is showing improvement on this three, he's a super athlete and good defender. 3rd year in the NBA is when players typically have their biggest jump. Stretch 4's are rare, so just bring him back for another try. "Now" is important and it looks like he could be more ready than anyone that we could draft for a big guy. It could pan out big time.

Last edited:
Bolomboy is a replacement level NBA player.
We need a few players on min contracts. Kinda depends on jazz view of Bradley. Bolomboy is above the rim, Bradley below. If they think Bradley has a future here, not much point in bringing bolomboy in, except maybe training camp competition.

I've always liked Bolomboy. Elite rebounder. I like him more than Bradley. That's not to say I'm right, but is what it is.

If the Jazz are going to play more ISO, and less complicated sets, then Bolomboy works. I think he gets smarter and quicker. Some players just need time and he is one of them. I think he will get much better.

His stats last year were about identical to what they were with the Stars the year before. He shot the 3 better with the Stars. The Bucks waived him so they are viewing him as a suspect rather than a prospect.

We need a few players on min contracts. Kinda depends on jazz view of Bradley. Bolomboy is above the rim, Bradley below. If they think Bradley has a future here, not much point in bringing bolomboy in, except maybe training camp competition.
Meh. I guess if Favors leaves and the Jazz release the non-guaranteed players to open up cap space. But there are likely better prospects than Bolomboy.

Reminder. Bolomboy isn’t that good at basketball

And to learn some lessons, we should break that down to a semi intelligent level and ask "why don't we want Bolomboy"? Burgeoning 3 point shot, mad athleticism, big and strong enough for a modern PF. The answer might be zero playmaking skills. Anyone in this draft with little or no playmaking skills, we should remember Joel Bolomboy.

If the Jazz are going to play more ISO, and less complicated sets, then Bolomboy works. I think he gets smarter and quicker. Some players just need time and he is one of them. I think he will get much better.
And why would the Jazz do that? You build an offense around a guy who has been cut by a couple of teams already? SMH.

Here's an idea. Let's get a PF who stretches the floor a bit. Or, we can play Crowder instead of creating a roster spot for Bolomboy. Heck, I'd rather have Jerebko and Thabo get minutes at the 4 over Bolomboy if Favors leaves.

I think the Jazz would give him a second chance here... they really like him... I’m fine with him but think he’s an eternal 12th man and if you had to rely on him you are in trouble.

I think the Jazz would give him a second chance here... they really like him... I’m fine with him but think he’s an eternal 12th man and if you had to rely on him you are in trouble.
Whatever. There are only two guys who could put us over the top, and that’s Niko and Bolomboy. If we don’t have one, we ain’t getting over the top.