What's new

Rocky Mountain Revue coming back?

What's your beef on Orlando? A team that skipped a future superstar making him available for us. Because he is going to be a superstar right? Right? :D *hysterical laugh

Probably that the Orlando summer league is like watching a videocast of a church ball tournament with poor turnout where they're having to call people at the last minute to show up. You don't need to go to Orlando to find that.

Yep. Zach Randolph might be the best I ever saw there - so dominant. Dirk, after his rookie (or after his second year) year was unstoppable. Cedric Ceballos. Bonzi Wells. AK in his first year there was sick. Drazen Petrovic was incredible before Blue beat the **** out of him.

Saw Tim Duncan. He sucked. . .

Probably that the Orlando summer league is like watching a videocast of a church ball tournament with poor turnout where they're having to call people at the last minute to show up. You don't need to go to Orlando to find that.

Exactly. I hated watching the Orlando SL games.
If the Jazz do the RMR, I doubt they'd also go to Vegas, but you never know. Why not do both and give your young players double the chance to develop - or bring in some different guys so you can evaluate 20+ players.

Will the RMR be in addition to, or in place of, the Las Vegas SL?

It would have to be in addition. The LV summer league is legit with a high level attendance everyday. I just hope the Jazz would do both. Was great seeing them this year.

I used to go to every game like camping out 18 hours per day at SLICK.

That's the part I remember most when thinking of the RMR - guys/fans just hanging out in the gym all day trash talking random scrubs. RMR circa Deshawn Stevenson's rookie year had the best trash talkers I've ever encountered in my life. Every time I went up there....same guys...in the same seats....jabbing away. It was comedy hour with a little basketball mixed in. Good times.