What's new

Rodney Hood love

Although he's not very quick or an adept dribbler, it seems he does a decent job of creating his own looks against defenders in isolation. I really like those plays where he slowly pushes his defender towards the paint, stops on a dime, and swishes the shot.

I haven't been impressed. He has shown an ability to create but he's not finding his spacing just yet. A lot of his jump pushers in the lane have been smothered. He'll figure it out though.

They are pretty much the same size. The main difference is that Hood is a more modern Hamilton, meaning he has 3pt range.

It's a closer comp than Scottie Pippen at least.

Hamiltonian offense comes from running off screens and never being stationary hood is more cerebral and needs the ball in his hands their games couldn't be more different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamiltonian offense comes from running off screens and never being stationary hood is more cerebral and needs the ball in his hands their games couldn't be more different

Dude, Hamilton definitely had the ball in his hands a decent amount. He was a phenomenal off-ball player, but he would go on-ball and create also. You can't average his assist numbers and FT attempts just being an off-the-ball runner.

Dude, Hamilton definitely had the ball in his hands a decent amount. He was a phenomenal off-ball player, but he would go on-ball and create also. You can't average his assist numbers and FT attempts just being an off-the-ball runner.

That's because he'd drive and slash to the hoop thanks to his frantic pace off the ball. His team always looked to get him the ball. Think Reggie Miller but he didn't facilitate the offense like hood already does as a rookie

I haven't been impressed. He has shown an ability to create but he's not finding his spacing just yet. A lot of his jump pushers in the lane have been smothered. He'll figure it out though.
I agree on the push shots for sure, lots of those get swallowed up. I'm talking about when he just pulls up for a jump shot from 15' or so. Looks ****ing smooth as hell. Those normally aren't good shots for a player - especially a rookie.

#100RAPclub

I agree on the push shots for sure, lots of those get swallowed up. I'm talking about when he just pulls up for a jump shot from 15' or so. Looks ****ing smooth as hell. Those normally aren't good shots for a player - especially a rookie.

#100RAPclub

He has had that ish since Freshman year. Probably the smoothest midrange I have seen from a Freshman ever. It was all he could do Freshman year, but it was beautiful.